To anyone still playing the game:

Maybe the answer to all this scaling stuff is for items simply to cap at level 65 and then the player chooses what difficulty to run at with that level of items. That would give everyone the option of difficulty.
Higher difficulty could offer higher drop and resource rates and of course the satisfaction.

2 Likes

M1.0 was exactly that but better. Besides they shouldn’t be making a loot-based game if they don’t want to design a system that facilitates the grinding experience in a game genre all about grinding. If I wanted a FPS where all I do is choose my difficulty, I’d play Doom.

6 Likes

They always had a choice… Though m1-3 where different then M4

And they actually intended for people to move up through mayhem… IIRC that was even in their M2.0 sales pitch :joy:

So… If they just kept old mayhem, removed the old modifier system and made the new one optional/better… They would have achieved what they wanted…

But hey… I don’t give a rats behind for the game in its current state.

They can ■■■■ around with numbers all they want… I won’t be playing or recommending this game to anyone.

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Not the Why Are You Still Playing Thread

I actually didn’t know that, and decided to look it up. Turns out it’s true. :grimacing:

“Starting April 23, battle your way through 10 increasingly challenging Mayhem levels to get your hands on some of the most powerful Legendary loot in Borderlands 3.”

Hapazard balancing and scaling aside, either it’s not working as intended, or they just straight up lied to anyone looking for a good grinding experience.

It’s honestly baffling that they decided to add additonal scaling onto mayhem rather than just using the scaling that was already in the game used for leveling. The game as a whole would of been more consistent if mayhem 10 enemies and gear were simply 10 levels over the player. Then they could just make it so that melee, action skills, and pets continue to scale as if you were still leveling up based on what mayhem level you were on, so your pet in mayhem 10 would also be 10 levels over you to match the enemy’s power.

6 Likes

So go play DOOM. Sorry for being blunt, but that’s exactly what choice means.

You preferring M1.0 doesn’t make it better. You’re welcome to prefer it, but let’s not pretend people didn’t complain excessively about it. M4 was added due to feedback (and complaints). Modifiers were tweaked. But it still wasn’t enough.

Of course they did. Up and down. The quote provided by XYMistman wasn’t the only quote, naturally.

I never said you had to. Nor do you have to recommend the game to anyone.

But this thread is for those of us still playing, yeah? Folks seem to have forgotten that a bit.

5 Likes

I don’t want to play Doom. Do you not know what “If I wanted…” means?

No one said nobody complained about M1.0, but virtually everyone that complains about M2.0 would prefer to have M1.0 back, it’s called choosing the lesser of 2 evils. Ideally, a system better than both would be most preferable.

1 Like

Diablo lets you move up and down torment levels, Outriders lets you move up and down world tiers. The point is they advertised it as a grind up, which it is not. You can just jump straight into the highest level with little trouble.

Taken as written, it means if you wanted to. I don’t like to assume anything beyond that. If you don’t want to play such a thing in the first place, you could phrase it better.

Nope. A few people on here have made it their bugbear. I respect their opinions and can understand them, but nobody here constitutes a majority. I don’t. People who like my posts or opinions don’t either. We’re statistically irrelevant.

That doesn’t mean we’re functionally irrelevant though. I like being here.

Taking about “with little trouble”, again, you mistake your specific experience with the game for other peoples’. Going straight to M10 at the launch of M2.0 was hard. People relied on jumping to M4 and M6 for the unique weapons (the ones that were good at the time) and up from there. Getting to M10 with M1 to M3 weapons took specific high-level builds and sometimes creative exploits.

The game’s in a different place now, for sure. But now is a bit pointless if you haven’t liked the game since then. Just remember that there are a lot of folks who still do :slight_smile:

EDIT - removed some unnecessarily pointed stuff. It’s late and I’m tired, sorry.

4 Likes

First off, I want to say that I usually agree with you, especially over the ‘20-degrees-of-M2.0’ people. However, jumping from no mayhem or M1, to M10/11 could be done relatively easily, simply by changing the mayhem level, then checking vending machines, either on Sanctuary or near fast travel points, for a few M10 purples or even occasional legendaries. Before the M2.0 haters get too excited, it still required skill and careful building to go back to boss farming and such, but I definitely didn’t bother with anything below M6, M2.0 or no. Still don’t, tbh. Even with the unnecessary world drop nerf.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I was on my old computer back then - I didn’t reload at all, so my odds on vending machines (outside of that event) was pretty poor. But that’s definitely a just me thing. I forgot about using vending machines like that.

1 Like

Of course. And you don’t even have to reload. Check the machines on Sanctuary, fast travel to X, check machines near drop pod, fast travel to Y, etc. Repeat until the timers reset, then go back to Sanctuary again. I wouldn’t even call it an exploit tbh.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

You could’ve clarified that you don’t, in fact, want to play DOOM? I’m not trying to be smart with you or anything, but “if I wanted to play something I don’t like in one game, I’d play another game” doesn’t mean you’d dislike that game on the whole.

Games are the sum of their parts. I like Warcraft, but I’ve never gotten on with Starcraft. I dislike the every-unit-is-a-single-character thing, but I deal with it in Warcraft (because of other factors). If I was discussing Starcraft, and I said “if I wanted to play a high-APM RTS, I’d play Warcraft”, I’m definitely not saying “I don’t want to play Warcraft”.

You didn’t say anything about the people “here”. You didn’t use the word “here”, or refer to this forum specifically at all. This semantics game is getting unnecessarily tense. You referred to nearly all complaints about M2.0 as being from people who prefer M1.0. Some people just want M2.0 with tweaks. Some people didn’t like M1.0 or M2.0. You can’t put all the people who dislike M2.0 into a single box.

And heck, even if you did explicitly state the people “here”, what does that mean? It doesn’t mean anything. The community for the game is wider than “here”. We shouldn’t dictate how the game evolves. Our opinions alone are not the only opinions that matter.

Regardless, it’s late and I’m crashing. Believe me when I say I didn’t mean to frustrate you, and I’m sorry if I did. Send me a PM if you want to continue this, cheers.

2 Likes

I understood the original comment re: playing Doom just fine and thought it made perfect sense, if it makes anyone feel any better lol.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I don’t. Never even booted the PS5 to see the improvements. BL3 was one the biggest disappointments of last gen. Really hoping this Tiny Tina spin-off is a return to form.

3 Likes

If by form, you mean coop balance, then I agree.

1 Like

Nah.

It did not require careful planning AT ALL.

All it required was starting out with the most bearable mods at M6, running to Traunt, and killing him a couple of dozen times, then rinse, repeat until M10.

False. A poorly equipped, poorly thought-out build just wandering around higher mayhem levels with no plan could easily, consistently lead to death for many players. The fact that it might not have for you, is irrelevant.

So, “equip X, go to a specific place, successfully perform a certain task involving a particular character, until overall goal Y is reached”. Hm. Intentionally formulating and initiating a sequence of events that would not otherwise occur naturally. Sounds like a plan.

5 Likes