To Gearbox: The Iron Bear Solution

Hi all, I’ve never really posted on the forums before, but I’ve been a big fan of Borderlands for the longest time. It’s stood the test of time as my favorite looter and shooter for a myriad of reasons, but one factor more importantly than all others. It’s fun. Yes, lots of games are fun, but Borderlands has a specific brand of fun. This over-the-top, chaotic, and bombastic fun that feeds on wild skill synergies and crazy mechanics that push you from a guy with a gun to a force of mayhem and destruction. It’s great, and I think it’s part of why I and so many others have stuck with the franchise so long; what does any of this have to do with Moze though?

Well, a lot as it turns out. See, I think we’ve all seen how crazy Moze’s skill synergies can get and how, when combined with awesome gear, she can blow a room to kingdom come and back. It’s cool as hell, and it feels good too, yet Iron Bear doesn’t seem to get this love. He has a handful of skills that provide some buffs and some different ways to kit him out, but he doesn’t really grow. Ironically, he’s like a teddy bear: able to keep Moze safe and provide comfort in her early stages, but quickly outgrown as she grows more capable. Simple buffs have no way to keep up with the out of control nature of Moze’s skill synergies and top tier gear.

So, with all that said, what’s the solution? Iron Bear needs skill synergies. So many of Moze’s skills have incredible potential to play with IB’s arsenal and change the way he impacts the battlefield. Skills like Short Fuse and Pull the Holy Pin could add great extra damage output to things like the minigun and grenade/missile launcher respectively. Means of Destruction and Redistribution could do things like reduce weapon heat and restock grenades/missiles.

They’re only a couple examples as I have to work shortly, but I hope it plants the seed of what cool skill synergies could do for IB on all fronts. If he could grow and capitalize upon them in the same ways Moze could it might turn him around from feeling like a “nerf Moze” button and turn him into the power house Vladof made him to be.

P.S. I’d love to see other folks’ ideas on how Moze’s skills could play into Iron Bear as well, so if anybody has a fun idea toss it in the comments. Theorycrafting is fun after all!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Moze Iron Bear change suggestions