Toby's Day Is Today

His own mission, three taunts, a title, and three skins. This is the best possible day for Toby players. Celebrate!

3 Likes

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

5 Likes

Yeah! WHOO! Let’s do a human sacrifice!

2 Likes

Try the laser halls as Toby and let me know how that goes for ya. :wink:

4 Likes

My first time was with Kleese. shudders

Thanks for the new vocabulary mate

1 Like

I’m still wondering, why Toby. Why on earth would they pick Toby when Whiskey’s right there.

1 Like

It is now know that Toby got four skins in this update instead of three. Lucky bastard.

Skin 1
Skin 2
Secret
What’s the fourth?

Just the one from the update that you can buy with Platinum.

Oh okay gotcha lol

And it’s the best one of the four. I love my penguin’s bomber jacket. The gold/black/orange skin is also my favorite of his gold skins. Sooo happy. Others might have thier own misgivings with TFR; but other than the occasional annoyance with the lazer-halls, i really don’t DISLIKE anything, and i absolutely love the dialog between Toby, Thaddeus, and Pendles. Reyna DID sound like a slightly different voice actor,and i wish the boss fight was harder, but nether of these things are “game-breakers” for me. The engine room part just gives me more time to enjoy that awesome music.

Overall, a GLORIOUS day to be a Toby main.

Well what do you expect? Only a highly skilled engineer can operate the Burg effectively. The way he uses the shield or core discharge is disgraceful. And he’s only stunned me once and I’ve already fought him 14 times.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is, the fight with Thaddeus (or whatever his real name is) is essentially like when Captain Ginyu stole Goku’s body, and that Thaddeus didn’t know how to unlock Berg’s true potential? That’s the best damn analogy i’ve ever heard, and i now have 100% clarity. Thanks, dude!

2 Likes

HOLY ■■■■, IT IS LIKE THAT! Also his real name is The Lorrian or at least that’s his most famous name. Reveal that spoiler at your own risk.

2 Likes

Huh… Tell him to keep his purse away from me, because i have the appropriate legendary.

1 Like

If you pay attention to some of Reyna, Whiskey, and Deande’s lore (and maybe a few others) he comes up quite often. He also had a lot to do with the creation of the Burg and Reyna’s gauntlet.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, i know about Lorrians; but i’d assume there’s more than one. I’m loving that Gearbox expanded upon the game’s lore this way.

1 Like

Now we just need the heart of Ekkunar to just be a recording of Bartlesby explaining how it was actually his fault the Magna Carta died and that’s why he was killed by Marquis and then phoebe starts crying

1 Like

I like the “Phoebe crying” part, so i endorse this idea.

1 Like