Toby's Double Hug After This Coming Update

Sooooo, All you double hugging phobia filled playeeeeers, the time is at hand!!! There shall be no more double stuns!! Dare I say, I mean no insult to “Toby,” wherever “he” may be… I love toby but I do recall a very hot topic on this oh so despised legendary effect but now no more 4 second stuns!.. However…Double stuns aren’t over yet, you double stun phobics. Time to play kelvin nonstop and continue to wreak vengeance upon the world! Starting with you.

Jk I just thought that Angel’s part in TTAODK sounded cool in terms of this topic cause stuns are huge in this game and the double hug legendary effect was hilariously effective on a good amount of you lmao but hooray, the heed has been heard! Thanks GB- Yours, Truly.

3 Likes

I feel so happy with this. The Double stun was double ■■■■

3 Likes

So activating his arc mine resets the cool down by 75%? So you can now use your arc mine every 3.75 seconds? Will somebody PLEASE tell me I’m interpreting this wrong.

2 Likes

Indeed it was! however Idk what those white squares appear to be other than the white squares that they are, but nonetheless lmao yes, they were a pain in the right hands xD On Xbone1, not so much, its honestly benedict that’s the biggest complaint going around, but from a topic sometime ago, I was told Toby’s with double hug were of the meta on PC.

Instead of a 100% cooldown every other time, it’s a 75% cooldown every other time.

Honestly though, the top PC players have agreed for a while that this item really isn’t worth it if you’re good at Toby. Any decent Toby can delete you in a single stun regardless just running blue AD and crit gear with a shard gen. Granted, there are only a few decent Tobys on PC, and I scrim with two of them fairly often.

5 Likes

I think it only pertains to the effect? Instead of being able to use it right after, the effect is that it cools down at that rate instead of instantly… ONLY for the legendary effect, then presumably, you go back to having to fully cooldown and then you could fire, wait the 3.75 seconds if thats it, then another full cool down

Okay thank you. I was about to rage out

1 Like

Same goes for xbox1, at one point in the games earlier era. Specifically Before the major lore update happened (when his lore challenge was still 10 double kills therefore technically NOBODY had it) I mained Toby with all 0 cost gear on capture. I gained my 1st Worthy of song with him on capture. One stun was all he needed, with the push back that off hand melee had back then, melee’s were rendered useless completely. Of course he can’t do that anymore but all in point that the item is/wasn’t all that worthy if you could utilize toby well enough without it.

Precisely; The Double Hug is a crutch, just like Hawkeye. Good Tobies get by with one. Am happy that i can justify using this legendary now and again, though there is better gear.

1 Like

I think I may have overlooked it but does it still reduce arc mine damage? If so its gonna make the slow mine quite godly and if not I probably just won’t use it any more. Might just run some crit damage as I have been landing more crits lately

1 Like

It didn’t say that it still had negative damage, so i assume they are removing that effect. In other words, you can spam mines, but not chain-stun anymore. It’s perfect, actually.

It’s still incredibly powerful though even with stun mines. With a 3.75 cool down its realistically a 1.75 window of opportunity to try to land the 2nd mine. It seems like it’s still pretty god damn strong…

2 Likes

Well, we’ll have to wait and see. Like i said, there’s better gear, and a good Toby doesn’t have to rely on stunning everything in sight. Glad to hear your working in crits; is rewarding, eh, new friend? Like many bears combined into SINGLE bear.

2 Likes

Well its also a window of opportunity for those stunned to actually get away this time lmao I used toby with double hugs last night and I still failed a couple times trying to land that first shot within the 1st stun and activating the second mine. Its still only chance, not very many can pull it off perfectly everytime, unless there’s like a real Horus or something and just never misses then god help us all I pray for you that you never run into him but otherwise, seems like opportunity for an actual escape for the stunnee from the stunner. as @HandsomeCam says, we’ll have to wait and see.

2 Likes

@HandsomeCam yeah I don’t know if I am getting lucky or not but it feels like if I try to over compensate a smidge on the body purposefully I can crit much better

@chrisypon I am by no means a pro at landing the double stun but I do pretty decently with it. I know it will be a better opportunity for the victim but I feel relatively confident in saying that it seems like a kind of pipe dream to get away from the 2nd one. All you basically need is the knowledge to lead the 2nd one coupled with the timing potential of a SFP.

Of course it’s true that we will just have to wait and see especially considering the lack of knowledge of whether or not they kept the -damage on mines but I am already to engrossed in the capabilitys of the new gears potential to not speculate. That and I won’t be able to play til the day after…

It’s also worth mentioning that Toby will probably be a suboptimal pick for at least 2 weeks because of Beatrix being a sniper herself

1 Like

I’m listening.

1 Like

God I saw your kelvin finally. So freaking jealous… I really need to get around to learning how to play him since the only tank character I know how to play is mpnty

No. Unless I am silenced you’d best believe I am using an escape skill in that 1.75 seconds.

Awesome, thanks. Who were you? You can always send me an invite if you don’t want to go against me. :smile:

1 Like

Oh of course but it will still make certain characters stun locked essentially. My main concern is knowing wether or not it’s 2 full dam mines