[TOOL] Blender HWRM Toolkit

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1

Introducing the updated blender HWRM toolkit…

I have forked @DKesserich 's excellent Blender exporter and joint tools (Blender DAE Exporter for HWRM) to contain a few significant updates:

1. Merged with the DAE importer (previously a separate addon): [TOOL] HWRM DAE importer for Blender

2. Background tools…

blender_bg_panels

• …to create background lights (as lamps with custom properties, so no more copying and pasting in the dae files)
  • …to create material parameter joints for planets (again with custom properties, since these sometimes became too long for Blender to export)
  • …to create cube map cameras and render them (render settings like resolution and format are still a bit manual)
  1. An early version of a level file importer. For the moment this is simply for visualising level files in Blender, but one day it could be used for creating and exporting them too…

11 Likes
Blender DAE Exporter for HWRM
(Sastrei) #2

The export appears to export everything in the blend file, instead of just selection only. Is that expected behavior?

Edit: And is it compatible with Cycles material nodes? (for detecting the texture)

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #3

I don’t remember a time when it exported the selection only… The only thing I changed about the exporter was the way it treats the background material nodes. It should be quite easy to implement a selection-only export option though.

1 Like
(Sastrei) #4

Weird. That might explain some problems I’ve had in the past, heh.