[TOOL] DAEnerys - DAE Ship Editor

(Christoph Timmermann) #382

Thanks for the replies.

You can set up the start and ending by frames instead of time:
ANIM[FightL1Open]_STF[227]_ENF[328]_LSF[0]_LEF[0]

(ajlsunrise) #383

What is that from?

(Christoph Timmermann) #384

From Kad_FuelPod, it’s also explained in Dom2’s tutorial linked above.

(ajlsunrise) #385

I’ll take a look at it when I get home. It’s back to work time, lol.

(Nathanius) #386

Actually, for me, the window is chopped off from just above the “would you like to download the latest version?” text… :thinking:

Bizarre!

//Edit
The fuel pod is also an example of per dockpath animation, worth a look at that too :slight_smile:

(Christoph Timmermann) #387

Could it be that you have a different DPI than 72? (2K, 4K resolution)

(ajlsunrise) #388

As far as I can remember, all HW2 MADs used 30 FPS, so this probably would be okay to set.

Also, from 3DS Max website:

Blender is 24 FPS.

But again, HW2 historically has been 30.

(Nathanius) #389

I have a 4k monitor, standard resolution and DPI. It’s just a bit bizzare! >_<

(Christoph Timmermann) #390

What’s your standard resolution? :smile: 3840x2160?

(Nathanius) #391

While I’m not at home I did a quick check of some screenshots that I’ve posted and they are indeed 3840 x 2160. Is my screen too big? :sweat_smile:

(Christoph Timmermann) #392

Windows Forms should scale with your DPI-Setting (which I assume is higher than 100%), but for some reason this doesn’t happen with the update window. I’ll look into that.

(Christoph Timmermann) #393

Ahh, I figured it out. :slight_smile:

So this array gives you the time of the keyframes in seconds:
<float_array id="JNT[HeavyInterceptorBLWing]-translate.X-input-array" count="102">0.000000 0.033333 ........ 4.666667 4.833333 5.000000 5.333333</float_array>

And these are the actual values for these times:
<float_array id="JNT[HeavyInterceptorBLWing]-translate.X-output-array" count="102">1.365000 1.365000 ........ 1.365000 1.365000 1.365000 1.365000</float_array>

Makes sense as the last animation in this DAE ends at 5.333333:
ANIM[Wings_Open_DMG]_ST[3.86667]_EN[5.33333]_LS[0]_LE[0]

Pretty easy actually. Although I did not quite understand the tangent out/in stuff yet.

(BitVenom) #394

The keyframes aren’t (usually) a linear graph. They can be. But that sucks - for many reasons. More data, linear motion, etc. If you have a keyframe node and you want to use a hermite spline or something, you need ‘handles’ (if you’ve seen somebody draw a curve in Photoshop, etc) - and those are really just tangents to the enter/exit vectors into that point from before/after in time. They control the strength of that node’s influence, sorta.

(Christoph Timmermann) #395

Linear animations are working. :wink:

There are still some bugs and issues, but it’s getting somewhere.
Also thanks for the information everyone.

EDIT: I just realized that we need a bezier curve editor thingy.
Would you like to view all keyframe curves at the same time (as a “bezier path”), or just the one you have selected?

(BitVenom) #396

Is that right? Those axis rotations look mis-mapped? I could just be remembering the wrong unfold…

(Christoph Timmermann) #397

They clip through the mesh. (If you mean that)

(ajlsunrise) #398

They clip through the mesh even in CFHodEd.

(D Kesserich) #399

Default framerate on Blender is 24, but you can use any value you want. Frame data in DAE is actually stored in seconds, not frames (looks like PayDay already figured that out), but generally you want to know what the original framerate was before importing, otherwise you end up with keyframes being placed between actual frames.

For finding the target framerate, it looks like the 3DS Max DAEs actually do have a <frame_rate> element under <extra> in <library_visual_scenes>. I did not put that in the Blender exporter. I’ll add that when the Great Refactoring happens.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #400

When that happens can you force the exporter to do absolute paths for images? DAEnerys doesn’t mind them but HODOR does…

(Nathanius) #401

Is there any chance that DAEnerys will be able to consume old *.mad files to bring them “properly” into the DAE? Pie in the sky idea here… just thinking of the hundreds of ship needing animation love out there >_<