[TOOL] DAEnerys - DAE Ship Editor

(Pbobbert) #522

Ah I did not think of that. Yes my resolution is 4k and I have 250% scaling. There is also an issue where the default window size is too large for my screen. This places the entire top bar with the resize buttons underneath my taskbar (which is on the top) which means I cannot click them.

Unrelated to resolution, is there a manual for this tool? I cannot figure out how to make engines, there is no template for it and the engine shapes tab is always blank with no way to add new ones.

(Christoph Timmermann) #523

Not yet, honestly it’s not even finished.

You can’t create or edit engine shapes or engine burns yet (in DAEnerys). Engine glows (large capital ship engines) however can be created.
Basically you create a joint and move it to where your engine should be, then you import a model for your glow and parent it to that joint. You can test your engines by using the engine strength slider in the Materials tab.

EDIT: Regarding the 4K-issues. My brother lets me test the program on his monitor, so I think I can fix all that stuff.

(Pbobbert) #524

Darn. Maybe you saw in the other thread about blender stuff but I am having a huge issue creating a.hod that doesnt cause the game to crash. All of my .dae file open properly in both visual studios and in DAEnerys but I cannot figure out what is wrong with them. So I was trying to make the dae entirely in DAEnerys starting with importing a mesh.

Do you have a example file that will work for a basic ship replacement that I could see? Right now im trying to turn the hgn_interceptor into simple cube.

(Christoph Timmermann) #525

I think your cube ship didn’t work because your weapon didn’t have the right name.
You named it Weapon_Gun0_***, but it has to be Weapon_FrontGun_***, because there are events and a weapon attached to that joint.

Here is a working replacement I quickly threw together: hgn_interceptor_replacement.zip

You should also run Homeworld with -luatrace -noMovies -traceHODs command line arguments. This will print out lua errors, skip the intro movies and tell you which HOD it was currently loading.
EDIT: It will print that info into Homeworld/HomeworldRM/Bin/Release/HwRM.log.

(Pbobbert) #526

Ok that did it! My ship is invisible and sideways, but at least the game loads!

DAE->HOD: MAT[cubeBadge]_SHD[badge] lacks Diffuse channel, is required for SHADER.MAP processing!
DAE->HOD: MAT[cube]_SHD[ship] lacks Diffuse channel, is required for SHADER.MAP processing!

Anyone know how to make a material diffuse?

(Christoph Timmermann) #527

As @sastrei already said, be sure that your diffuse texture is named cube_DIFF.tga (for the cube material) and your texture in the DAE is named IMG[cube_DIFF]_FMT[DXT1] (DXT1 is the compression, it can be DXT1, DXT3, DXT5 or 8888), but HODOR will only use that one if you told it to do so in the .hodor file.

But the best thing you can do to learn all of this stuff is to just look at all of the tutorials at the master thread.

(Pbobbert) #528

Hmm ive already done all that. Ill check out the master thread thanks!

(Aleksandr) #529

regard Hodor, there is a graphical user interface Rodoh/Hodor, and all things are possible to configure there, convenient to the order of things)

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #530

My friends, why did this happen?

Blender:

DAEnerys:

Game (the turret is at rest position during this screenshot):

The DAE file is here:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #531

Oops, the muzzle joint was facing the wrong way:

Not sure that explains everything though…

(Nathanius) #532

Pivots are evil!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #533

Yes, but shouldn’t DAEnerys ideally reproduce what happens in game (i.e., the barrel should follow the orientation of the muzzle joint)?

(Nathanius) #534

I’ve found that it tends to, when I was trying to rig the Intrepid with its moving warp nacelles I had all sorts of headaches with the pivots of the various bits and pieces and where the meshes were sitting verses where 3Ds Max said it was sitting…

(Pbobbert) #535

@PayDay

I just wanted to report another bug. My previous issues with hodor and diffuse channels were attributed to not selecting phong type spectral mapping (the default is cooktor). However when trying to open the phong type .dae DAEnerys throws an error.

(Nathanius) #536

I’ve got another bug for you too :sweat_smile:

The colour picker doesn’t seem to be respected any more, all the stripes are now yellow all the time…

(Christoph Timmermann) #537

Hmm… I’m not sure. I have to say that I haven’t created a turret (with a barrel) before.
DAEnerys represents what HODOR does with the ship in the viewport.
So if you parent your barrel mesh to a joint, it will be oriented and positioned like the joint.

This shouldn’t crash DAEnerys. Can you post the exception and log.txt please?

Strange. :smile:
I hear that for the first time, gonna’ look at that.

(Pbobbert) #538

I would also like to add that even before switching to phong DAEnerys never properly loads any textures. It always says “failed to load texture” but if I then proceed to add it under the texture tab it works first try. This happens every time.

log

OpenTK initialized.
Info, T6560: Load colladaBlenderFix.dae

Info, T6560: Found a matching importer for this file format

Info, T6560: Import root directory is ‘.’

Error, T6560: The string “.0” cannot be converted into a value.

manifest log

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
PartID: 1080
Could not locate program sob_opqaue_s
Duplicate program detected: sob_salvage
Could not locate program fx_right_basic
Duplicate surface detected: sob_salvage

error message

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
Assimp.AssimpException: Error importing file: The string “.0” cannot be converted into a value.
at Assimp.AssimpContext.ImportFile(String file, PostProcessSteps postProcessFlags)
at DAEnerys.Importer.ImportFromFile(String path) in D:\DAEnerys\DAEnerys\collada\Importer.cs:line 87
at DAEnerys.Main.buttonOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\DAEnerys\DAEnerys\Main.cs:line 392
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

DAEnerys
Assembly Version: 1.0.6800.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DAEnerys_b6800/DAEnerys.exe

System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

OpenTK
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DAEnerys_b6800/OpenTK.DLL

System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

OpenTK.GLControl
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.2349.61993
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DAEnerys_b6800/OpenTK.GLControl.DLL

DevILSharp
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DAEnerys_b6800/DevILSharp.DLL

FSharp.Core
Assembly Version: 4.4.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.40.23020.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DAEnerys_b6800/FSharp.Core.DLL

System.IO.Compression
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IO.Compression/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IO.Compression.dll

Microsoft.CSharp
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

AssimpNet
Assembly Version: 3.3.1.0
Win32 Version: 3.3.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DAEnerys_b6800/AssimpNet.DLL

System.Dynamic
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

(ajlsunrise) #539

What version are you running? Does this happen with other colors too? And is it multiple DAEs, or only that one?

Huh? This one is odd. Can you send the DAE?

(Christoph Timmermann) #540

That’s probably because of the new DAE exporter by DKesserich. I fixed that in my development version and forgot… :smile:

(Pbobbert) #541

Attached is a zip file with the .blend and both a .dae using cooktorr and phong.

I have the latest version of all the software for reference.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BztIxF80g70yUzJTV3oyVFJudFk