[TOOL] NIS Editor

Continuing the discussion from [MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread - Vaygr Cruiser:

Here is a sneak peek of the user interface:

12 Likes

This is gonna be a great tool.

It’s awesome. I hope this tool will be available fast :stuck_out_tongue:

This can be really change the P.O.V of player when play campaign :slight_smile:

Awesome! Even more awesome would be for it to be open source, even before release.

Does it share any code with cfhoded, or is the similar look just a consequence of using the same gui library/framework?

That is my hope!

Me too!

The source code will be available, yes. How much of it is available before release will be decided later, lol.

Yes and no. I’ve pulled a fair number of lines of code from CFHodEd, and my dream is… well, hopefully really soon you’ll be able to see it. hint

4 Likes

There is progress in developing the NIS Editor ?

I feel that this did not happen…

Or the guys is really busy … :frowning:

1 Like

Wow. I forgot about this project… Thanks for the bump. I’m not going to make any promises, but I’ll see what I can do.

4 Likes

So, what is the news on this project? Is there a download or has it been abandoned?

2 Likes

@gilligan_f

My PC went through a HDD failure… But it’s kinda okay, because the project was a mess. Now it gives me an opportunity to do things right this time, rather than the monster it was becoming.

3 Likes

That is really excellent news. I applaud you your hard work in the HW arena. The more of these tools I explore, the better a modder I become.

To be honest, Homeworld is the only game I have ever played for more than 15 minutes and I have been a player since 1999. I have been modding it nearly as long, but usually stick to FX and eye candy.

Again, thank you.

2 Likes

You should definitely check out my FXTool. (I could use some dedicated testing and feedback on it.)

2 Likes

I would delight in doing so, however, I have yet to be able to view one FX using it without an exception error.

Example FX: dmg_capital_flash_ring.lua
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

There is no tool that I would rather have in my arsenal, but I cannot figure out the problem I am having.

oof. maybe I should pay closer attention… you were the last person other than myself to post in that thread…

1 Like