[TOOL] PayDay's Map Editor

Uninstall? Uninstall what? The map tool doesn’t need to be “installed”. So I don’t understand what you are talking about.

Also downloading that and running it changed nothing. Still get the error.

1 Like

Don’t get an attitude; I’m trying to help you.

Redownload the Zip archive from the first post, and extract/overwrite the files.

Whether you manually extract files from an archive to a specific location, or a “installation wizard” does it for you, it’s the same thing.

4 Likes

Attitude? I don’t appreciate the accusation.

Thank you.

#cluelessirony :laughing:

1 Like

What?

Time to stop the exchange of shots here, folks. Please read the FORUM RULES and particularly the part about no personal attacks.

If you think a post may have crossed a line, flag it rather than responding to it, and one of the forum moderators will deal with it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Hopefully I’ll actually get some help with the problem I am having with this problem now.

1 Like

I’ll just go ahead and ping @PayDay to see if he can offer any help. Meanwhile, I would recommend checking that the zip file you downloaded has the same contents as the one currently posted at the link in the OP - if there was an update after you’d downloaded the archive in the first place, that might be important.

2 Likes

I downloaded another copy from the OP within the last 2 days and I still get the error. So I don’t think any of the files are outdated or “bad”.

1 Like

When you get the Assimp32.dll error, click on details and post those here.

What version of Windows are you running? And is it 32 or 64 bit?

What version of the .NET Framework do you have installed? You can follow the instructions here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed#net_a
If you don’t have at least version 3.5, you’ll need to download this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21

3 Likes

These are the versions showing as installed within Regedit.
2018-05-24_0022

Running Windows 10 64bit. Also I don’t think it would affect it but in case I am running a AMD GPU and not a nVidia GPU.

1 Like

Also the file you linked to download doesn’t work. Downloaded it twice. Both times I double click it and nothing. There is a split second that my mouse cursor changes from the pointer to the hourglass but that’s all I notice.

Also tried running it in Admin Privileges but it changes nothing. Not sure what’s going on.

1 Like

Check that Windows Defender is not interfering with the downloads or preventing things from running. You may want to exclude your games folder from Windows Defender, as it’s caused a few problems with other titles recently.

3 Likes

I don’t use Defender actually. It’s disabled manually.

And the other file that was linked previously ran fine (this one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679)

1 Like

The file i most recently linked was for the .NET 3.5 installer. But you already have it installed, so I’m not surprised it didn’t do anything.

1 Like

Okay. Then what am I supposed to do to fix this problem? Or should I just wait for the creator to reply at this point?

1 Like

I know this might sound like a really stupid question, but did you make sure to run the installer I linked to in the first post in administrative mode?

Also, can you launch the DAEnerys tool, or does that crash for you as well?

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

I’ve been getting somewhat of a weird bug where the 3D view remains a pitch black, even though all assets loaded fine. I could click anywhere and it’d procure the asteroid/pebble/whatever data was at that spot, but I can’t “see” it or anything.
I’m using a 64-bit win7 if that helps. Maybe a missing .dll?

1 Like

This is the same issue that I have.

1 Like