[TOOL] PayDay's Map Editor

(Christoph Timmermann) #101

Both buttons are hardcoded, I’m using the Windows Forms MouseButtons enum with the MouseDown/Up events.

(Rufus Shinra) #102

Small question, @PayDay: do you think it would be possible, if you have the time - and if it’s not too complicated given your current code - to add a feature to edit the meshes like in CFHod, with translate, rotate and scale options? That one was pretty useful (not a critical feature by any means, but a nice one to have). :slight_smile:

(Christoph Timmermann) #103

Uhm, do you mean the map editor or DAEnerys now? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Rufus Shinra) #104

Oooooopsie! Yeah, I meant DAEnerys. A thousand apologies! ^_^;

(Christoph Timmermann) #105

Added to the long list. :wink:

(Rufus Shinra) #106

Thanks! goes back to his ship of doom and the 100 MB dae file slowly compiling in HODOR*

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #107

For this, I would appreciate the ability to link it to dae files. For instance I’m making some custom asteroid bases - it would be nice to see them in the editor.

Not sure how easy that is to implement though…

(Eville Jedi) #108

It would be nice to even grab the hod extents and make a bounding box, then again I can’t see anything on the map…

(Sastrei) #109

Maybe have a user customizable alias list? So that Each hod could have an equivalent dae that would be loaded in the editor.

(B8factor) #110

So I was modding today and needed to play around with cuboid volumes so I pulled up my trusty PayDay map editor so I could visualize what is in the game… and there are no cuboid volumes…

So then I thought i would request it but then something occurred to me… you cant do cuboid in level files? Maybe this is why it is not here?

Available in game-rule:
Volume_AddCube(<sVolumeName>, <tPosition>, <f_Length>)

Why are cuboid important… well I have 2 reasons, both involve working on a NEW Multiplayer AI mod.

1. Giving the AI ability to lay mines will enhance its ability since it can be programmed to micro well.
  2. Breaking a map into equal sized cuboids gives the programmer the ability to program the AI to react more like a human by querying on a zone(sphere leaves gaps) and getting Intel on it. e.g. determining a direction to migrate fleet, a safe area to retreat to, safe area to mine… without microing exactly where to go.

So maybe map tool is the wrong place(though it could just be a visual aspect of the tool) for cuboids since it can not be added to level… QUESTION has anyone ever used this and is it still supported? I can not get it to work!

ShowLevelVolumes(<iFlag>)

Description
Shows all volumes in the game (from the .level file or created at runtime), by means of wire meshes.

Example
In autoexec.lua, add the following:

function ShowVolumes()
	ShowLevelVolumes(1)
	Rule_Remove("ShowVolumes")
end
Rule_AddInterval("ShowVolumes",5)

Arguments
<iFlag>: 0 = not visible, 1 = visible

Notes
only works in autoexec.lua

(Flamm1ngdem0n) #111

So I can’t run the application. I get error shown here:
2018-05-21_1824
Followed by this error:
2018-05-21_1825

So right now I can’t use the application. Any help would be appreciated. That is if the creator of this software is still active on the forums.

(ajlsunrise) #112

First step is to uninstall the map tool, and reinstall.

Also, download this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

(Flamm1ngdem0n) #113

Uninstall? Uninstall what? The map tool doesn’t need to be “installed”. So I don’t understand what you are talking about.

Also downloading that and running it changed nothing. Still get the error.

(ajlsunrise) #114

Don’t get an attitude; I’m trying to help you.

Redownload the Zip archive from the first post, and extract/overwrite the files.

Whether you manually extract files from an archive to a specific location, or a “installation wizard” does it for you, it’s the same thing.

(Flamm1ngdem0n) #115

Attitude? I don’t appreciate the accusation.

Thank you.

(Nathanius) #116

#cluelessirony :laughing:

(Flamm1ngdem0n) #117

What?

(Is this thing on?) #118

Time to stop the exchange of shots here, folks. Please read the FORUM RULES and particularly the part about no personal attacks.

If you think a post may have crossed a line, flag it rather than responding to it, and one of the forum moderators will deal with it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

(Flamm1ngdem0n) #119

Thank you.

Hopefully I’ll actually get some help with the problem I am having with this problem now.

(Is this thing on?) #120

I’ll just go ahead and ping @PayDay to see if he can offer any help. Meanwhile, I would recommend checking that the zip file you downloaded has the same contents as the one currently posted at the link in the OP - if there was an update after you’d downloaded the archive in the first place, that might be important.