Top Gear 4 Fl4k the Beastmaster (Community Guide) - WIP

If I’m running a Maggie with Fade Away should I still lick up Two F4ng? I figured Second Intention and even Hidden Eye would end up doing more DPS. Am I wrong?

I never take Tw0 Fang, I think that’s a skill you really need to build around to take advantage of.

I personally think Maggie + Second Intention will give you better results than Maggie + Hunter’s Eye (LnT/Megavore combo does not really extend the Maggie’s mag enough to avoid frequent reloads, and Hunter’s Eye is a bit buggy) but I haven’t done any close comparisons to see which performs better.

1 Like

Nope, 2 fang only adds an extra projectile. The Maggie has 6? One extra won’t add much.

Yeah that’s what I figured just making sure.

Speaking of the Maggie, where’s the best place to farm one? I have one already but want anointed versions, the spread sheet says Tremendous Rex in the Cistern of Slaughter but I just killed him in M3 and he didn’t drop a single legendary. Plus he takes a decent amount of time to get to even with a good build/gear.

Just Grave Ward farming?

I got all my Maggies as world drops, so yeah, pick your favorite loot pinata and hope you get lucky.

You can intentionally die in the Cistern of Slaughter after you kill Tremendous Rex to farm him but it’s not exactly efficient.

I would agree with that before the DLC and Raid was introduced. The damage vs Robots now is actually pretty valuable.

If you intend to main the Maggie, then Two Fang won’t contribute much DPS. Second Intention is generally the best option, because reload speed is crucial for GiTM builds. Hunter’s Eye is useful in loader maps, but the crit bonus is generally wasted as it doesn’t benefit the FA pseudocrits or even Megavore.

There really should be something for grenades. Even just making any callouts honorable mentions. Some just perform better than the rest:

• Hunter Seeker - Megavore/LNT/Head Count synergy. Can also be thrown before you have LOS on targets.
  • It’s Piss - target debuffs improve you/team damage
  • Quasar - Maliwan takedown bridge can get a lot of mileage out of a quasar

Do people use GITM with the Maggie? I was using unblinking eye and the one that keeps health regen constant

Well GiTM isn’t exactly a highly M4 viable playstyle so probably not. I use the Maggie mostly on Rakk Attack builds because I don’t think it has much synergy with FA compared to say a Stagecoach or Bangstick.

I mean even beyond that I feel like the damage from 3 regular FA shots with a Maggie would out DPS unloading a mag during GITM with the gun but not sure on that one.

Why do shotguns have more of a synergy with FA than the Maggie?