Tournament rating for round 1 and details for round 2!

Hello everyone in this topic i am going to write about the rating of our round 1 runs and then go through the details of round 2.

You can find the runs here: The tournament has started. Rules and everything you need to know!

As far as the rating goes lets get started. Everything will be rated automatically except legendary/unique/pearl/seraph gear. Those items will be examined seperately because the rarity does not always tell the truth.

Lets go over my run first.

1. Level difficulty 0P2: 21/25 points
  2. Time 14-15 minutes: 19/25 points
  3. Number of second winds and deaths 0 (did die at the end but it was after i killed every enemy and totally intentional :smirk:) 25/25 points
  4. Gear rarity. I was using 4 white items which get 25 points. 1 blue which gets 19. Also was using a jolly roger which is pretty strong so it gets 13 points. Deputys badge 13 points as well. Shotgun 1340 not that strong at all so it gets 15 points. This makes and average of 20/25 points.

Total points: 85/100 points

Lets go over @MOLMF 's run.

1. Level difficulty OP8: 25/25 points
  2. Time: Under 12 minutes: 25/25 points
  3. Number of second winds and deaths 0 : 25/25 points
  4. Gear rarity. All whites : 25/25 points

Total points: 100/100

Now time for @Adabiviak 's run.

1. Level difficulty OP3: 23/25 points
  2. Time approximately 30 minutes : 5/25 points(everyone gets at least 5 points in every factor no matter what)
  3. Number of second winds and deaths 3 second winds: 13/25 points
  4. Gear rarity. The Landscaper which gets 25 points. A white shield 25 points. 2 purples 16 points each and one blue 19 points. Average: 20/25 points

Total points: 61/100 points

@xmngr 's run

1. Level difficulty i think its 72 correct me if im wrong : 18/25 points
  2. Time 13-14 minutes: 21/25 points
  3. Number of second winds and deaths 0 : 25/25 points
  4. Gear rarity. 2 whites which get 25 points each. 3 greens which get 22. The rough rider which gets 13 points. 2 purples which get 16 points. This makes an average of: 20/25 points

Total: 84/100 points

@Less_than0 's run

2. Time 19-20 minutes: 9/25 points
  3. Number of second winds and deaths 1 second wind: 21/25 points
  4. 4 purples which get 16 points each. The Kerblaster which gets 13 points. The antagonist which gets 13 points. The Creamer which gets 13 points. Magic missiles which get 16 points despite being a unique item.Average: 15/25

Total: 70/100 points

@Derch 's run:

1. Level difficulty 0P8 : 25/25 points
  2. Time Under 12 minutes : 25/25 points
  3. Number of second winds or deaths 1 second wind : 21/25 points
  4. Gear rarity. 5 purples which get 16 points each . The Butcher which gets 13 points. Quasar which gets 13 points. The Longbow which despite being legendary its pretty hard to use so it gets 18 points. Average: 16/25

Total: 87/100 points

@Spunky117 's run:

2. Time Under 12 minutes: 25/25 points
  3. Number of second winds or deaths. 3 second winds: 13/25
  4. Gear rarity: 2 purples which get 16 each. The maggie which gets 13 points. The Florentine which despite being seraph get 18 points. The Rough Rider which gets 13 points and the storm front which gets 13 points. Average: 15/25 points

Total: 78/100 points

ChaoticSmiley’s run:

1. Level difficulty 11: 12/25 points
  2. Time Under 12 minutes: 25/25
  3. Number of second winds or deaths. 1 second wind: 21/25 points
  4. Gear rarity. All white: 25/25 points

Total: 83/100 points

@bew_ 's run:

3. Number of second winds or deaths 0: 25/25 points
  4. Gear rarity. rubi which gets 13 points . Blockhead which get 13 points as well. 2 purples which get 16 points each. The baby maker which gets 13 points. Big blaster which gets 13 points. Fastball which gets 13 points. Average: 14/25 points

Total: 89/100 points

@browesq 's run:

1. Level difficulty 0P8: 25/25 points
  3. Number of second winds or deaths 0: 25/25 points
  4. Gear rarity. Slagga 13 points. Creamer 13 points. Omen 13 points. Ogre 13 points. Quasar 13 as well. Blockade 13. 1 purple 16. 1 blue 19. Average: 14/25 points

Total: 89/100 points

1ST: MOLMF
2ND: BEW and BROWESQ
3RD: DERCH
4TH: ME
5TH: XMNGR
6TH: CHAOTICSMILEY
7TH: SPUNKY
8TH: LESSTHAN0
9TH: ADABIVIAK
This wont be an elimination tournament. Everyone moves on to the next stage and we will have a winner based on ratings at the end of the whole tournament. This first rating does not count though because it was the first run and maybe things did not turn out as you had expected.

SECOND ROUND: In this round the only ones who will participate are the 9 from the 1st round. Noone else can take part. Every rule from round 1 holds true for this run as well. I decided to add two more item bans in the ban list.
1. Hide of terra
2. Lady Fist
In this round we will have to take on the map of Bloodshot Stronghold up until Mad Mike and no further. Also you dont have to go kill the guys that are under the floor and the rats-mini bosses. You have to kill every other enemy though.

As I said rules stay the same and only the time changes. In order to get 25/25 in the time you have to do your run in under 10 minutes. You have one week to upload your runs. At the end of the week all 9 of us will move on to the 3rd round. Post your runs and any questions here. Ciao

Edit: On my previous post I said that you have to use the class that you used in your first run. This rule no longer exists. Use whichever you want. Also I did a mistake on bew’s rating which I am going to fix soon.

It is fixed now.

Edit: Changed the form of the tournament. It no longer is an elimination tournament. Everyone moves on.

Got the 2 first runs.

Spunky’s run:

xmngr’s run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voWMhDoz9pc

Bew’s run:

My run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_eHmc26LoE

browesq’s run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dArxtoN_qio

Lessthan0’s run:

ChaoticSmiley’s run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcuYjjhF27g

5 Likes

I must ask. Does Flinter count?, since he’s a PITA to spawn…

EDIT: sorry, didn’t read xD

Wait, do we have to go through the RATS area? I understand no Splinter but in the “under the ground” is that where you fight the turtles or what.

I asked the same, but he said it is not neccesary.

No you asked about splinter not that actual rats area itself. you could in theory just kill the rats and not spawn splinter.

I mean if I don’t have to kill the rats then i already have my entry video.

1 Like

Got ya, I also have mine ready.

You dont have to kill the rats or the splinter. Just take the normal way to mad mike thats all. Feel free to start posting. I got my run ready too.

Just to clarify, you kill everything on the top level until you spawn mike? What if you have a few guys still running around when Mike appears? What if you are put into second wind by Mike…does that count against you?

For some reason I did not think this was an elimination tournament. Why not let all 9 play all the maps and the one with the highest total score is the winner?

1 Like

I"m torn between choosing a relatively easy character/equipment set to pursue a high score or playing something personally challenging that I think fits in with the tournament’s spirit of the “toughest run”. For example, while I might get a higher score for killing Mad Mike at, say, the 8 minute mark, but would get a lower score if I killed Mad Mike by luring him into the whirlpool because it took two extra, I’m inclined to take the ten minute run and a lower place.

That said, will the tournament further narrow down contestants? Like the top 7 of this run get to advance to the next, then 5 from there, and so on (or some other rate)?

1 Like

I agree with Less_than0, there shouldn’t be elimination, because there isn’t much of us who joined this tournament. More competitors = more challenge and more fun I guess. If there will be high amount of competitors then yeah, elimination is needed. Also I guess You need to change the ratings. Since I have 89 points, after update which is should be 2nd place after round 1 :wink:

1 Like

It does not matter if you still have dudes while Mike spawns. You just have to kill everything that appears in your run. Also if Mike forces you into second wind it does count as a point reduction. Also really good idea. Had not thought about having a winner based on rating, so I will change my plans.

@Adabiviak I was thinking about an elimination tournament but apparently I changed my mind. This will be a tournament based on ratings. All 9 will continue over the next stages of the tournament.

Between 10 runs of forgetting to press the record button or getting screwed over by 3 UBA lunatics out of those 10 runs this is the best I could come up with for this specific run.

2 Likes

That Silence the Voices not procing…

Was actually rather high for me in that video. Usually procs less than that.

I can kinda see that in the second FFYL, but until that point it hardly procced.

Here goes mine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voWMhDoz9pc

3 Likes

Here is my 2nd run :

2 Likes

Here’s my submission for Round 2.

The bulk of the submissions thus far appear to be of Krieg.

My bad.

https://youtu.be/dArxtoN_qio

1 Like

Here is my rd 2 submission. I had audio problems so I stripped the audio and had to extract another file so the video is not so clear. Sorry.

I would still love to too see a melee zer0 do this run. I think the ban on the bone of the ancients hurts that class quite a bit since he needs to be in deception most of the time. Maybe next time I will try it.

1 Like