Troubling news for console(xbox one x) players?

So I was just told that the people who have had their consoles shutting off are being told by Gearbox its consoles causing the shut downs and not the game. That during their investigation into the problem they found it to be the consoles having hardware issues. Can anyone confirm this?

If you have a failing hard drive yes. My ps4 is one of the first and when my harddrive staryed going bad it froze certain games. Oddly not all games. I got an external hd now and use the ps4 hd for bootup only and my issues went completly away.

My xbox was bought literally 2 days before this came out. Along with a few other games and a new TV. I switched from ps4 to xbox one and wanted 4k. It’s not old nor has it ever been handled improperly. Not on the way home or when it was being set up.

2 Likes

I mean it makes sense, but I’d your console doing it to any other game? If it’s BL3 exclusive regarding the issue… That just don’t sound right to me.

2 Likes

Never. I can play Gears of War 5(way more graphically intense) for however long I want. Or warframe and any other game. Never has it done this only with bl3. The console doesn’t even get hot. And room temps in my house are never above 68 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s not dusty in my place nor dirty. The ventilation in and around my console is completely fine. There’s no reason for this other than it’s the game.

1 Like

Games freezing and needing hard console restart most likely the game. Lag, fps drop blur also the game. If your console is shutting completly down, it is most probably a hatdware problem. I have only heard of this happening with x-boxes. There could be something going on in game that the xbox hardware cant handle.

Also consider a defective console. My daughter wanted an xbox and it wouldnt even boot out of the box.

I’m not saying I disagree, however Gears 5 as they pointed out is much more intense a game. It also runs on Unreal 4 engine so there’s no reason to disregard the fact the console is working fine with it and not BL3.

Games have been responsible for bricking consoles before, just saying if a problem is exclusive to BL3 and the only thing we’re taking into consideration is what the devs say Idk that I trust them - considering what we got in return from their promises so far.

1 Like

I dont play gears but warframe your playing on their servers. You console does much less work that way.

A defective console would have other issues and be constantly having problems with other games. That isnt my case or what seems to be the same scenario for everyone else having the same thing go on.

2 Likes

im having the same issues when i join my friends game. the console just shuts off. i have to problem when im hosting just when i join their game. im running the x box one x scorpio edition.

1 Like

If its 3 days old it doesnt hurt to swap for a new one. As far as certain games being fine that makes sense. Some games may play fine. Bl3 is big, lots of visuals and you are the server, unlike other games where you play on their servers.

1 Like

And when I get a new console and it continues to happen?

2 Likes

Honestly i used to be an xbox person, but i got so tired of issues i switched to ps. Best change ever.

It may keep happening. In that case hope gearbox will do some recoding to try to make the xbox more compatable with the game. Another thing to try if you can try running the game of an external hd, see if that helps.

1 Like

I have a playstation. It crashes on there too. It’s just that it crashes much more often for many more players on the xbox.

100% of my friends that bought this game have had it crash at least once on the PS4, or have had their character spawn underground after a boss cut scene, causing them to restart the game and lose all their loot.

1 Like

Is it shutting your ps4 off or just the game crashes causing you to restart console?

Okay so these are the games I play regularly when not on bl3.

Warframe, GoW5, Skyrim, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, GTAV, Halo Master Chief, Red Dead Redemption 2, Destiny 2, Fallout 4(with graphic mods), Forza Horizon 4 and a few others. And you’re telling me all of those games that run absolutely perfect would do so even with a faulty console/defect? Never once have they froze crashed or even sent me to the dashboard.

1 Like

Spawning underground and game freezing are software issues. Eventually they will figure out whats going on. So my only issue is slight lag in the menues. Not bad enough to bother me.

The game crashes. Not my console. I understand there is a difference, but the fact is that the game is riddled with bugs on both consoles. I highly doubt that a game as heavily bugged as borderlands is not the cause of xbox consoles crashing.