Troy in 27 seconds pure dmg TVHM MH3 (NO water insta kill glitch etc)

Second video with elemental projector, because some ppl say this is more legit than crit swap so here you go ( I cant skip hes phase 2 with a annexed lyuda ammo burns to fast )

1 Like

Never thought I’d see “World Record” in the title of a Troy video.

2 Likes

Just another glitch video with crit swapping. I’d be impressed if it was done without a game exploit.

4 Likes

crit swap not really a glitch, its like saying sticky bombs + face puncher is a glitch because they work together… the real glitches are when you fk up ur fire rate or dmg to 1 shot everything by exploiting and repeating certain mechanics and items, swapping to a pistol not so much…

sticky bombs, cutpurse and face puncher do work as intended tho thats the whole reason of face puncher and it’s not broken where as crit swappin is from what I hear a problem in the game engine that exists in BL2 as well

1 Like

I have seen this kill with an anointed Lyuda which manages to bypass the 2nd immunity phase altogether.

2 Likes

wow that is impressive. no glitch either

2 Likes

i know right, not impressed one bit. unfortunately it’s part of the game now after years of B2 exploiting. nobody knows how to do stuff legit anymore which is why i never took part in the old time trials, literally all of them use crit swapping, weapon swapping.

2 Likes

World record? More like another crap video if you’re using exploits.

2 Likes

set urself on fire to activate the elemental projector, switch to pistol for extra crit dmg, its almost same thing/ same effort to do it, so how come crit swap is compared to a glitch, like using grave ward shield to get stacks of 25% dmg that is a glitch

This was always considered cheese in BL2.

Like… “Yeah you can kill terra in a few seconds with DPUH and LadyFist, or Flakker + Nukem.” But it’s a cheese method. “Yeah you can beehawk Pete from the ledge where he can’t hit you, but it’s cheese”
Not cheat, not exploit. Just cheese. Borderlands has always had the fromage as an option if you didn’t want to spend a long time farming bosses. Critswapping is one of them.

anyway to please all ppl I added second video with elemental projector thingy, cant skip hes phase 2 though my lyuda is x2 and burns ammo to fast

1 Like

We voted on crit swapping after Fight for Sanctuary, I brought up that it was an engine exploit (which it is) and shouldn’t be allowed on the new leaderboard. Sadly, the vote was for it to stay. Still, some of the fastest kills around are legit. I don’t care for the cheese times so I didn’t bother with TTs after that, it’s hard enough to keep up on console lol.

Because it is an exploit of a flaw in the Unreal game engine. The engine can’t differentiate which weapon a projectile was fired from, so if you switch weapons while a slow projectile is still in flight, on impace the damage is calculated from the weapon that you switched to and not the one the projectile was fired from. I don’t know how anyone could think this is an intended game mechanic, that is the reason Salvador was fundamentally flawed in BL2.

Actually an exploit, one could even go as far to call it a form of cheating because of that.

1 Like

Yeah, and then all/most Haderax speed kills were based on crit-swapping.

It could be done, but I guess it require more work and based on technical aspect of BL3, all work was somewhere else.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, we had the fastest Maya times against Haderax and nobody can take that away from us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well, you were using enemy exploit :stuck_out_tongue: but well said :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still beat you by one second on the leaderboard :wink:

Were you also exploiting if you used Gunzerkers off-hand at all in BL2? Or B0re on overlapping hitboxes? Or anything with unlisted pellets and a Bee shield?

Imo if it’s in the engine it’s allowed. And if it’s in the engine and BROKEN then it is “cheese”. There are to many things to factor in to draw an arbitrary “legal” line with gunswapping.

There are bound to be many more “Cheese” methods in Bl3 with new gear-combos so I don’t think you can really call anything an exploit yet, it’s just abusing mechanics readily availible for anyone.

It’s not an intended game mechanic, it’s a flaw in the engine’s capabilities. Abusing that is literally exploitation of the engine, so “crit swapping” is an exploit.

1 Like

But where would you draw the line? There are many other cheese strats that have involved what I can only assume are unintended game mechanics. Are they all exploits in your opinion and should not be allowed?

It’s basically semantics at this point. Everything you are describing is what I would call cheese, and in record attempts I wouldn’t mind having a non-cheese, and an “everything goes” category (or exploit and no-exploits). That’s the norm in all speedrunning as far as I know.