True Trials, To Keep or Not To Keep?

Well, I remember the “old” days of Wotan m3 m4 there was moment I totally went “Oh sh**! oh sh**!” and died repeatedly before being able to beat him, it was dishing some serious punishment with deadly moves. Now Wotan is considered easy which is a real shame, so yeah something went wrong here.

5 Likes

It took me a month to beat Wotan solo, now it’s a breeze even after sacrificing Healthgate(URad). I understand that now the mechanics are much better understood but after killing BL2 raidbosses dozens of times I still get rocked by them.

2 Likes

Haven’t really played the game since designers cut update (because of the anointments dropping which are useless without the new skill tree dlc).

Killed one boss during the event last week or maybe two weeks ago. I repeat: once.
It was a horrible experience. Only hold the trigger on my flipper and spammed granades.

It’s just not fun if the enemy has nearly none special attacks and is just a bullet sponge.

So nah thank you… Don’t think this will improve the game.

2 Likes

“Oh sh**!” Ah… That thought rarely comes to my mind anymore when fighting anything in this game.

Anything that could inspire any sense of dread or frustration is now a joke/practice dummy because of the obscene Mayhem scaling for weapons and the Vault Hunter’s skills.

That’s what Arms Race is for :slight_smile: - I had plenty of that last night, be it fighting mobs/boss with less than perfect gear or seeing a Dark Army in a vendor and realizing I don’t have enough cash (came back in a minute but it was already gone :frowning: )…

2 Likes

Oh yeah! There is Arms Race. Love the thrill of survival there. Just wish it wasn’t the only fight where you aren’t basically handicapping yourself though.

2 Likes

Can you maybe also add a poll about time limits? Whether the true trial should have the same time or longer to complete? Just interested if people feel the current time limits are long enough with a raid boss at the end (or worse, tougher enemies throughout). Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t think a switch would work with the mechanic of the trials. They aren’t like the takedowns where you throw a switch to begin. You must accept a quest first each time.

A solution could be to have the guardian have 2 quests available: a regular trial and the true trial.

4 Likes

Or just put two guardian quest givers in there, what’s the name of tougher ones, Heralds? They won’t be bored as much while they wait for VHs to show up too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

New poll is added

@CharmlessBee, @EldeeFifty, love both of those suggestions, keep the creative juices flowing(R.I.P. Scooter)

3 Likes

Just create a mayhem 12 with no additional scaling on weapon that would make a lot more sense than those trials shenanigans.

2 Likes

I have been an advocate for the removal of Mayhem scaling on skills(Skag Den, Indiscriminate, etc) ever since they added it, but that is a topic for another thread.

3 Likes

Without even going this far, I think it may be relatively simple to add a mayhem level with extra hp /damage for enemies while keeping players things at m10, a custom sort of mayhem level like they did with m11 to answer the modifiers problem. It will be a cleaner generalization of this “true trial” things avoiding creating specific branches of code.

I thought about that before, but I wouldn’t say it’s simple. How much hp would you have to add to every single enemy in the game to actually meaningfully change anything regarding how long they last against you? Considering how high the ceiling is now, it’d just be redundant.

The mobs don’t need anymore favors and we have too many favors. That said, this mode could also disable Guardian Rank.

1 Like

I have the feeling it was better in old mayhem (yes, people where steamrolling M4 shortly after release)

What (imo) the problem being… Is they made legendaries too powerful and weaponscaling (or rather every scaling they changed in M2.0)

I would rather have old mayhem back with M2.0 modifiers (would be awesome if they where optional with some kind of risk/reward)

And lock a few items behind mayhem (period)

Play what you like, how you like

3 Likes

I don’t get the point of ‘true’ trials. They should have been a lot harder to begin with, more rewarding, maybe a bit longer. Like mini raids. The fact that they implemented them as an event makes no sense. Just like the cartel, they could have been a great addition to the base game.

They need to stop making everything an event and start adding on the base game. If they care anymore.

2 Likes

Absolutely KEEP. Introduce a switch like the ones we have for takedowns. And please, make the WHOLE trial more difficult, not just the final boss. As for the drops… CONTINUE CYCLING IT!

1 Like