(TTW) No ability to send players mail?

I have a sneaking suspicion it has to do with cross play but damn it is one BL3 feature I loved.

I often go on farming runs and send friends repeat legendary gear, and they would do the same. It always felt better than just selling it.
Also absent is loyalty mail from manufacturers.

I truly hope they figure out how to bring it back…

14 Likes

Sending items to friends was one of the best things about BL3. Its a shame Wonderlands didnt launch with this feature. Gearbox are the absolute best at taking one step forward and two steps back.

9 Likes

It was good, but I do wonder how much it was really used
I bet most players simply held onto it until they next saw their friends and they played together

Umm considering how pricey it is to fully buy all SDUs for your safe and backpack, it is ridiculous this is cut from this game.

1 Like

maybe you are right
but I personally never rmemeber hearing anyone talk about the mail feature. so they may have just cut it because they thought no one used it

1 Like

Well I am just 1 player but I have sent and received many items. Maybe even in the hundreds.

1 Like

Gearbox be like: our stats show only 0.01% of people used this feature so we removed it.

2 Likes

I mailed stuff all the time, especially with ye olde items fall thru the floor glitch!

1 Like

A lot of Shift based elements are missing. No Twitch functionality via Shift, like badass viewer events and Moxxtails.

With all the Shift issues at launch, wonder if there’s a problem with the Shift service that caused the downgrade in functionality.

It seemed like a lot of people used it for trading items. It’s convenient b/c you may not want to or have the ability to play (e.g. b./c of time zone differences) with others that have gear you want. Having to join someone’s game so they can then either trade it to you or drop it on the ground for you to pick up is fairly stupid.

3 Likes

I too am very disappointed that this feature is missing (was omitted). During the first few months of BL3 I used it a lot. Was great to send extra legos to friends

2 Likes

All good,
I know I’d send my extra leggos to anyone online not expecting anything. Next thing I know a few would send me like 5-10 back. It was dope, no trading duping nothing just good BL peeps helping each other out. I have wayyyyy to much gear in this gam ATM. I’d love to give things especially armor to friends that it might help.

2 Likes

Echocast Twitch feature, where streamers could send you loot they found in-game, broke sometime in February. I put in a help ticket and according to the reply, GB knows it was broken but didn’t know when it would be fixed (if ever).

That was back up and running in late March. Have received gear from streamers since then.

Possible it was connected, but it looks like then didn’t even try to include similar functionality in TTW.

1 Like

Believe it or not, weapon skins are also gone from the game. Not that I noticed until this evening. Still, I imagine designing all those skins and making sure they work on every gun is more work than the mailing system which would need zero change from BL3.

2 Likes

While mail would have been easier, I think you answered your own question. With crossplay enabled across all platforms, you just have to schedule a time to toss loot at each other.
Of course, I wouldn’t say no to a mail option. I’ve got friends who will be playing on console in the future and we’re all busy adults so I’d gladly mail stuff at them for them to play around with.

1 Like

Personally, I used it often, giving and receiving, trading…now just farming…

2 Likes

Mail is great in BL3.
‘Emailed.’
‘Email me whenever you are free’
So convenient.

2 Likes

When half my friends live in different time zones, it was great, rather than having to schedule the hour we overlapped. Crying shame it was omitted

3 Likes

TTW should have its own forum too.
Guides, resources, trading post, those are the big miss.
Positively, I might play longer since I have to do a lot of farming hehe…
Just image farming for corrupted platemail with below stats:
Volatile BRZ/Stab with desire skills points
Melee/all damage
Melee crit chance and damage.

It might take a life time or even not in this life. :joy: