TTW Why is my game crashing consistently after running fine for two days?

Bought the game Thursday 3/31. Played on max settings for two days straight, no issues. Saturday, game starts crashing consistently. Sometimes it won’t boot at all. Sometimes will get to Optimizing Shader screen. Sometimes will get through main menu to hit continue and then will crash as soon as the save loads. I have updated my drivers (Nvidia 512.15). Even temporarily disabled my antivirus. Tried turning all of the settings down to medium, AA off. Reinstalled the game and verified the files. Basically everything I can think of. I don’t know if there was a hot fix or something that broke it, but the game is basically unplayable at this point.

AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS
16 gb RAM
Nvidia RTX 2060 with Max-Q

You could try deleting the game’s temporary storage cache and relaunching. Since the game seems to be built on the bones of BL3, it would be the equivalent to this location: DRIVE\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Borderlands 3 (not sure how TTW’s name appears on disk on PC)

Yeah I am getting similar issues after going though the tutorial and Overworld section fine, now that I’m in the first keep area (getting sieged) my game is crashing. The Nvidia driver stopping/restarting is causing it confirmed by Event Logs.
Nvidia drivers are current as well as Windows updates.
Last night I did manage to play for 40 mins until it crashed. Sometimes it will crash just on the character select screen. Most often within 5 mins of Continuing the game.

I did delete the files as mentioned in the first reply above and that got me a few hours of play this morning. Will update if I continue to have issues.

1 Like

Got several hours of gameplay this morning after deleting the files again. Now back to it randomly crashing even after deleting the files before starting the game.

Keeping the file clear and changing it to dx11 seems to have fixed the issue.

1 Like