Tunguska self damage

Is it just me or does the tunkguska kill you before it will kill an ememy. The bunnys real bad about this too. I like the ahab cause its alot safer to use esp. In multiplayer, but man you want a decent area of effect but not so much it will kill you before it kills the enemy youre aiming at. Ive been using badaboom and I like it alot, lots of damage but pretty much acts like a very powerful version of a purple rarity rocket launcher with a bit more spread.

1 Like

The Tunguska has the largest blast radius any single projectile can produce, surpassing the Nukem by quite a bit. As a result using it in confined spaces or against enemies that are within medium range is a good way to send you to your knees. The only rocket launcher that can surpass its area of affect is the Norfleet which fires three projectiles that spread across a horizontal plane.

It takes some getting used to but you will eventually figure out how far away an enemy has to avoid being caught in the blast radius. Try to avoid using it indoors.

6 Likes

You are a Master of Understatement. There should be a badge for that.

To OP: in fact, you can send yourself into FFYL with any rocket launcher if you are not careful and don’t learn their range and firing pattern characteristics. In my case, it’s usually because I pull the trigger just as I duck behind a wall or something. Where the Tunguska and Nukem really come into their own is if you’ve already dropped into FFYL and the nearest enemy is furiously back-pedalling into the next map - in those cases, the size of the nova really does work to your advantage!

2 Likes

Is the Tunguska the only gun that can down a coop partner too? Need to try that again on an unsuspecting @Gulfwulf :smiling_imp:

1 Like

@hattieinduni not sure but I do know if you want to troll some people run into a game with the Love Thumper on.

1 Like

Especially if they’re playing Krieg specced a certain way.

The troll that made me laugh hardest was a legendary carefully dropped in Lair of Infinite Agony. Players rushed to look at it, and then the elevator was summoned from above. :imp:

Edit to add: this was on a video. It would never occur to me to do such a thing!

2 Likes

No no no Krieg isn’t annoying enough. Put the Love Thumper on Gaige. Spec Sharing is Caring. Put the Love Thumper on Deathtrap.

3 Likes

The Tunguska is incredible, if and only if it is used at a long enough distance to avoid the soul crushing self harm. I keep one on my main Maya. Quasar -> Scorn -> Tunguska = pile of bodies. Stupid fun in the Immortal Woods graveyard, with all of those little skeletons and the towering skeletons.

2 Likes

Haha, after I started playing BL2 again I’ve watched some of the old videos around because I enjoyed them so much back then. This was one of the things I watched. Goth did that to MAK I think.

Using Bane would make for some good trolling too. I’m guessing the sound can’t be muted even if it’s coming from someone elses Bane?

1 Like

Calm down, Satan.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tips guys. I will definitely give it another shot. Im currently using the nukem w/torgue relic 4 shots and its just awesome when my turrets go boom too lol

1 Like

Just a suggestion but if you want to get your hands on a rocket launcher that is not an ammunition hog I recommend farming the train loot boxes in Mercenary Day for a couple Topneaas. They are not the most powerful rocket launchers in the game but they ignore cover, can spawn in any element, only use a single rocket, and every third rocket is free.

2 Likes

Yes topneaas are awesome but ive never seen one thats just explosive :confused:

1 Like

They should have made the mongol use only one ammo!

1 Like

You won’t see one unless someone gives you one and if you are handed one it is not a legit Topneaa.

Also you can try and get your hands on a 12 pounder.

1 Like

Yes I love the 12 pounder used it to kill the leviathan in true but only one shot per mag correct?

1 Like

I am not exactly sure, I think it is 2-3 rounds per mag.

1 Like

Its torgue so im thinking a torgue allegiance relic might help with that

1 Like

Hey whats the best purple rarity jakobs sniper?

1 Like

For raw power it is hard to beat a good Muckamuck but it comes at the cost of having to deal with some hefty recoil. If you are able to find one with Jakobs grip, Hyperion stock and either skookum or Tumtum prefix you will be set so long as the scope gives a very high magnification.

Unless the parts are terrible, and possibly even then, a purple Muckamuck will out damage most red text Jakobs sniper rifles including the Hawk Eye.

2 Likes