Today I came around an AAS novas anointed Hellshock.
The thing was better than my pistol, so equipped it, using fire element.
Currently using Deathless/Transformer/Bloodletter combo with Short Fuse.
Then I realized in IB this thing triggers 2M damage novas that can 2-shot any mob that is not shielded.
Can we push that further ?
Ideas for testing
Warning: this testing is executed by a non-professionnal fool, try it at home at your own risks.
- Novas seem to be always Fire, whatever weapon or firemode.
- In current setup, M10 (with Holy crit), novas hit 2M on unshielded flesh, 600k on shield.
- Current Artifact has +20% fire and +40% splash damage. That might help.
- Each time I boot the game, I have to reload twice, as the Hotfix does not apply correctly the first time. This is annoying.
Scaling AAS novas on weapon ?
check Mayhem scaling : YES !
– M1 : Novas hit 60k on shielded enemies, 200k on flesh.
There is a multiplier about x10 on M10.
– Novas hit about 140k on Sanctuary trial dummy target (M1, current setup)
check IB damage scaling : YES !
– Using crappy Bear Trooper COM with Stainless steel bear : seems to impact novas.
check weapon damage scaling : NO
– Removing Bloodletter COM that only has weapon damage bonus : no impact.
I felt that at some point I would have a disappointment…
check splash damage scaling : YES !
– Using artifact stats, Splash damage does impact novas.
check elemental damage scaling : YES !
– Using artifact stats, Fire damage does impact novas.
What is the highest possible AAS novas on weapon ?
(with what I have in my stash, that is for sure not god-tier rolls)
Try gear combinations
– Using Green Monster COM with +2 Scorching RPM, adds a layer of corrosion to the Novas
(about 170k novas + 20k corrosion on trial dummy)
– Using crappy Blast Master COM, nearly x2 damage (240k).
– Using Blast Master COM with Splash damage boost, even better (270k).
– Using Fire Old God shield on top of that, even better (300k).
Try skill combinations
– Full bear is better (340k on trial dummy).
Theory: how to push that even higher ?
- Elemental projector Artifact
- Fire in the Skag den skill
(probably a terrible idea to have both, but…)
- “It’s piss” grenade with IB annointment
- Green Monster COM with +5 Scroching RPM AND splash damage ?
- COM with IB damage on top of splash damage.
- Raging bear COM ?
- would splash damage and radius on weapon impact its novas ? (Nukem ? )
- Lucky 7 pistol ?
Sidenotes on extended testing
- Splash range does affect AAS novas on artifact/COM
- Bear would sometimes get instakilled. I highly suspect explosive barrels.
This is a joke. I test to min-max the game, not to make Gearbox’s testing job.
Fool me once, my bad. I won’t do it twice.