This tutorial will explain how to access the Oasis on the Enhanced remaster version of Borderlands on the PC. This tutorial involves overwriting content from the original game, but does not affect anything as far as game play.
Download above resources.
Extract the ZBL_Patch.zip to your Enhanced Borderlands directory.
- It should promt you to merge and overwrite files, select yes to all.
- If you didn’t merge folders you extracted it to the wrong spot. Go back and try again.
Located in the folder you just extracted to:
If you are running Windows 7 run the file win7_fix.bat
If you are using Windows XP or Vista (really…?) run the fix.bat
Extract the folders “MapSlots” and “Oasis” from Oasis.zip into the following directory.
- Navigate to the following directory in your clean install of the non-enhanced version of Borderlands.
- Copy the “Packages” folder and paste it into your Enhanced version of Borderlands in the following directory. Decline the option to overwrite any files.
- Navigate to the following directory in your Enhanced version of Borderlands.
- Create a backup of the following file. Rename it to what ever you please.
- Navigate to the root direcory in your Enhanced version of Borderlands.
- Open the zip file Underdome Oasis R1.rar and merge the WillowGame folder with the one found in the above directory. Nothing should prompt you to overwrite any files.
You should now be able to launch your game and travel to the Underdome lobby to be greeted to a new method of accessing the Oasis.