Two spawn questions

Two questions on spawns I haven’t figured out in some thousands of hours playing;

1. What is the trigger to get the Loaders spawning in the WEP? In the large plain (also known as the home of way too many *&&^%$ rabids) there is of course the comm tower on the right side (as you enter). Sometime two Loaders emerge from it, sometimes not. My non-scientific perception is that they spawn about 25% of the time, and there is no particular player action involved, no trigger line crossed, no particular enemy kill, they just choose to appear a quarter of the time. Does anyone have an actual process to spawn them?
  2. What triggers the Badass Constructor in the orbital delivery zone in Opportunity?
    When you wander over there to kill stuff and pick up the orbital beacon for Home Movies, at some point a Badass constructor and a number (5-7) of support loaders arrive.
    But I can never figure out how they’re triggered. I’ve tried various paths to find a trigger point or line that causes the launch flash from the satellite, nuthin’ that I can detect. Is it just time-based from the point at which you enter the zone or a particular spot in the zone?
    Anyone have a repeatable spawn pattern? Would be nice to be pre-positioned to take out the constructor, though it’s not a hard fight .
    –RoA
2 Likes

I agree with your observation on the first. It does appear to be RNG with an incidence of about 25%, and I get badass spawns from there occasionally as well.

I have never seen the constructor you’re talking about in Opportunity before I’ve picked up that Hyperion Beacon for Home Movies. On one UVHM run I never even accepted that quest hoping to open that red chest repeatedly and never got the Constructor once. That led me to believe that it was triggered by that quest objective being completed. After that it seems to be RNG or related to time spent on the map. At least in my unscientific observations.

1 Like

The Badass will appear before you pick up the beacon. Just go over, kill the 3-4 loaders that spawn initially, then kinda run around randomly for a number of minutes and the BA will drop in. Kill it, then pick up the beacon is my typical pattern.
–RoA

2 Likes

Does that hold up if you never accept the quest? If it does then it would appear to be determined by time in the area.

1 Like

That I do not know. I’ll try it the next time I story-run through there. Just did it a few minutes ago so it’ll be a day or two before I can try it again on the next playthrough for this Maya.
–RoA

1 Like

The Constructor in that landing zone is, I believe, on an area trigger. If you run down from the map FT station sticking left, you can get to the landing pad red chest without triggering it at all (despite there being a couple of loaders in the area). Go any other route to the same spot, and it spawns in.

5 Likes

My unscientific approach to getting the constructor to reliably spawn is to go to the platform where the red chest is, then run back towards the FT. It normally spawns by the time you’re at the three yellow crates just before the first area (where the surveyors are lured to destroy the Jacks).

3 Likes

I think that area near the beacon location may be the trigger spot - get too close and down it comes.

2 Likes

Not in my experience, I’ve tried that. Ultimately, after 30 or so runs in that area since I realized I didn’t understand the trigger it just seems to be time after entering the zone.
–RoA

1 Like

Sine I usually take the Statuesque quest I always head down the way @VaultHunter101 mentioned. More often than not I’ll get the constructor to spawn in but I’m not sure if I picked up the beacon for the Home Movies quest by then as well…

1 Like

If you go and kill the loaders in the delivery zone, then change place, like you go where Foreman Rusty is, and go back, the UBA constructor will trigger

1 Like