Two versions of B3 on PS5

Hi

I have a CD version of the game and I reinstalled it on PS5. For some reason after installing all updates game downloaded two versions, one for PS4, one for PS5. Why? Both versions take over 180GB form PS5 disk alltogether which is really bad idea given the size of the internal drive. Can I remove PS4 version and keep only PS5 veriosn or PS5 version requires PS4 version to work? I would avoid removing over 100GB of PS4 version just to find out PS5 version requires it and then wait again several hours to download PS4 version again. I don’t care about PS4 saves or trophies.

The version for PS5 has optimizations specifically to take advantage of the PS5’s better hardware. You should get higher frame rates at the same resolution, for example.

One thing you should be aware of is that transferring save files from an actual PS4 to a PS5 has some issues right now - see the other threads about upgrading to PS5 for details.

If you don’t care about save files from a physical PS4 that you had sync’d to cloud storage, you should be able to remove the PS4 version without issue.

2 Likes

So, I deleted the PS4 veriosn and PS5 veriosn runs fine. But each time I turn PS5 on with B3 disk inside it keeps downloading the PS4 version. I have to cancel download manually. Is there a way to stop that? Really annoying.

It honestly sounds like there is a tag missing from the ps5 version saying it’s installed; i would send a ticket to playstation as i feel this problem is more on their end than gearbox’s

In the short term, you could try either not leaving the disk in or turn off auto-updates? Long term, I’d contact Sony as suggested above and see if they can figure something out.

I have ps5 and ps4 version. I transferred all files and ps5 version is running with all characters just fine. I want the hard drive space back. Can I just delete the ps4 version now?? Will it affect the ps5 version?

You can actually progress towards achievements with your transferred characters?

Yes. I have earned achievements since the swap. But none of the previous trophies have transferred. Is this because I had to rebuy the game for the digital ps5? Or is there another problem?

It’s because the trophies aren’t transferring with your save files. I don’t know why, but judging by the number of posts on the subject it seems to be a common issue.

It’s not an issue, PS5 versions just have separate set of trophies.

It is an issue since the FAQ says they DO transfer over. When I started my transferred character I instantly gained 3 trophies but not the rest.

Major bug and I haven’t played the game since November more or less due to the PS5 problems.

PS4 trophies will transfer, and if you want you can obtain the missing ones in that version of the game.
Some games that have PS5 upgrade will unlock all trophies in PS5 version right away after the import of the save (easy platinum). BL3 works the same as it was with Handsome Collection, only some trophies will automatically pop up like location discovery etc., but story related trophies requires another playthrough. And only this can be changed by GBX, but in the end if you played in PS4 version you will have two separate trophy sets on your account.
I had 100% on PS4 and now I can collect them all again (once they fix the bugged trophies), so it’s not an issue for me.

The FAQ says you don’t have to do any again. On Xbox One they all transferred just fine.

On PS5 everything is the way it was in November, not working.

Why would I do the entire game over, again, when the trophies do transfer for Xbox One users?

And not only that, your transferred characters CAN’T unlock any trophies since they already unlocked them on PS4.

The Guardian ranks ALSO don’t work properly.

You’re not making any sense. Has any progress at all been done on fixing this mess??

Xbox has different system than PS5. On Xbox you have one version of the game, on PS5 you have PS4 version and PS5 version, and that counts for every game that has PS5 upgrade (Miles Morales, Destiny 2, AC Valhalla etc.).
As I said earlier, it’s up to GBX what trophies will automatically pop up in PS5 version after transferring character. The inability of getting trophies with transferred character seems like a bug.
I’m not saying that everything works, some trophies are bugged the same way as they were on PS4 and can’t be obtained at all. I can’t even transfer single character cause my game crash everytime I try downloading the save. So now I’m waiting for a patch too.