UI - Issues on Ultrawide displays

I also play on 21:9 and the UI is broken after the newest update. The problem is the character menu after you press tab, not the active gameplay UI, defaults to 1080p resolution. So if you have ultrawide scaling, everything disappears off the screen when it tries to scale to your correct resolution.

Needs fixed immeaditely.

5 Likes

32:9 is broken since last update, please fix soon

4 Likes

Update kicks out UWQHD Solution, this is an downgrade. Please fix that.

5 Likes

Yeah, LG UltraWide 21:9 here same issue… I just cant beleave Gearbox and 2K are unable to test a Patch before release it on all Interfaces they promised to work…

Poor people that purchase recently the game and have UWQHD and receive this hit on the face.

4 Likes

I can confirm that this ugly bug reappeared and is now visible on every In-game menu page. This is quite annoying as the top menu bar is not visible anymore on 21:9 screens.

Please fix ASAP!

6 Likes

yeah, thankfully I can remember most keybinds in the menus bc they tend to get a tad hard to see…

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I have an ultra wide 21:9 monitor (2560x1080) and I last played borderlands 3 back in February 2021 without any issues. I just jumped back in today and found the in game menus are all cut off as shown in other peoples screen shots above.

2 Likes

While their at it they should fix the UI scaling option in the PC version.
I will state this over and over again until they fix it.
It’t been over a year since it stopped working.
I would sooo gladly spend my free time help them fixing these things, if only they would let me do remote work for them :frowning:

1 Like

same here

3440x1440 and the game is unplayable

top and bottom of in-game menu cut off and unreadable

2 Likes

Same issue here on my ultrawide. UI scaling is completely borked.

4 Likes

Just adding my 2 cents, 3440 x 1440 resolution, having same issues with UI scaling. Can’t see the top and the bottom on certain menus.

5 Likes

Have been in discussion with 2K support and granted an audience with ticket #8989070 (2K Support). I recorded a video of me showcasing changing the resolutions from 16:10 windowed to 21:9 windowed and fullscreen. Additionally I added a comment to the ticket pointing to this forum thread. I pray with you all for our woes to be resolved.

2 Likes

Same problem for me since last update. Playing 21:9 ratio 3440x1440. The UI is completely unusable even when reducing the safe area to its minimum. I have to remember what the keys are to navigate the UI tabs. Also, it’s causing some problems when trying to exit a menu eg a vending machine — I press escape and it keeps me in the vending machine for some reason?

3 Likes

Same my girlfriend just got a 34 inch 3440 by 1440 monitor and we are running into the same problem. I don’t understand how it wasn’t a problem and then they patched it and messed up something they didn’t even change. This was one of the main games I told her was gonna look amazing on her new monitor and then this happens smh.

Same here both with the UI problems and exiting various menus like @Enate mentioned. Has there been any word from Gearbox? This was broken on release if I recall correctly, then it was fixed (after months), then it broke again on a recent update, and it’s still broken.

Come on Gearbox, what’s the deal with this?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue since the last update. Unplayable.

@mod @technicalsupport @dev

Waves The least anyone can do is just tell us you’ve seen this so we know it’s being looked at

2 Likes

Ticket is still open from my reply 14 days ago - I put a link to this thread in each response I make hoping to gain more traction. If you know people experiencing this direct them to this thread to voice their concern. Unsure where in the debug/troubleshooting process with 2K I am at but have done the following, waiting on their response to the last 2 items:

Provided photo evidence of pre-patch and video evidence of post-patch in windowed 16:9, 16:10, and 21:9 resolutions
DXDiag and MSInfo file submittal - was told i had Radar PreLeak and NTDLL related errors; research shows these are common
Ran SFC at CLI, shared the CBS.log;
Performed a clean boot (disabled startup services and programs, loaded into game and further demonstrated UI issues with video)

I have spent a lot of my free time doing this and less time getting gear/playing the story.

1 Like

Jumping on the bandwagon… I have a Samsung 49" Odyssey G9 (LC49G95TSSEXXY) running on a GTX3080 at 5,120 x 1,440 (32:9). BL3 is absolutely unplayable as I can’t manage my inventory. I’ve adjusted the ‘safe area’ as small as it will go, and it doesn’t go small enough to fix this. Can GearBox buy one of their developers a decent monitor so they can fix this?

1 Like

An update from 2K Support. The issue has been “documented and working on a solution”.

At this point the ticket is ‘awaiting my reply’. I can only encourage everyone to submit a ticket to 2K support - you may have to go through many steps of proof but the more tickets with this issue, the more seriously they might take this issue.

Hello, Thank you so much for your patience.

I just wanted to get back to you with an update on your ticket.

With the details you provided our team has been able to document the bug report regarding the Ultrawide 21:9 Resolution and they are currently working towards a solution.

Unfortunately, we don’t have visibility on their progress here in customer support, so we don’t have a timeline for the fix to be implemented. Please follow us on Twitter (@2K, and @2KSupport), as this is where the latest info, as well as, upcoming updates and fixes, will be announced.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to let us know!