Um... HW1R Mission 16 Player1Reinforcements.lua is interesting

AKA Reinforcements AI gets from dynamic difficulty scaling.

– reinforcement options for this player

Reinforcements =
{
{
Type = “Tai_IonCannonFrigate”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Tai_AssaultFrigate”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_AttackBomber”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_HeavyCorvette”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Tai_IonCannonFrigate”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_SupportFrigate”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_IonCannonFrigate”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_Destroyer”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_SupportFrigate”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_MultiGunCorvette”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_AttackBomber”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_Interceptor”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Tur_Fighter”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_ResourceCollector”,
Weight = 1,
},
{
Type = “Kus_HeavyCorvette”,
Weight = 1,
},
}

Could anyone tell me WTH the AI is getting a bunch of kushan ships? lolwat?
@joekgbx

Im not sure its what you think the file is. If it is then alot is wrong with various player1reinforce files in the big files. But i have a feeling a dev will come along and say its something else and not to worry.

I could be wrong but everything I’ve seen in those files matches the units the AI gets from dynamic difficulty scaling too much for it to be anything else.

Hmm i am lookin at mission 4’s one im and seeing the turranic ion frigs etc in there and i now think i was wrong and your right afterall. Seems a strange error on their part tho considering they advertised that mission so much they must have spent alot of time on it because of pax and stuff.

Have to admit tho i do not recall seeing a tai assault frigate helping the kadesh tho in mission 8 unless i didnt have a large enough fleet to trigger the reinforcements or does it not matter if you have a large fleet and it should trigger?

I believe where the reinforcements are added are determined by the mission lua file. As there was no intention for tai frigate reinforcements they are not found in the file and therefore not given to the AI.

1 Like

hi, i dont understand the code but about what you said, in my report post i said this. in the last mission the ia gets 3 kushan ships that spawn behind your mothership, up in the left.