Underleveled = More badass enemies?

I start new characters all the time, and take them all the way through UVHM. I have noticed that if I’m underleveled in NVHM and TVHM, I seem to get more badass enemies. I wanted to hear if anyone can confirm that it’s actually so, or if it’s all in my imagination?

I skip some of the side missions for various reasons, and this will often result in 2-3 levels below par at certain stages of the game. Although I can’t present any proof or statistics, I’ve seen this on many playthroughs. Since the game gives you less XP if you’re overleveled, tougher enemies that give more XP makes sense in this case. What say you?

I’m don’t think that, overall, you get more badass enemies. You do, however, get occasional runs where there are more than the same part of the map on a different day. For example, yesterday I did Fink’s at level 50 in TVHM. My very first round, the first three enemies to spawn in were two Badass Goliaths and a Juggernaut! I thought I wasn’t going to be able to complete round 1 when that happened, but I managed to get past those three and things went back closer to what I’d consider typical after that. I’m assuming that there may be an element of RNG to enemy type when they spawn at different points of the game?

When you are underleveled in NVHM and TVHM = more enemies with skulls on their names, not necessarily badasses, but regular enemies may feel like badasses.

No, I mean actual badasses. Anyways… Just a little theory of mine. Mods can close the thread if they want.