Unitcaps headache

So back when the last big patch happened and I cloned in a lot of the new gamerule materials to HW:@ to make it stop crashing, I started having the following issue:

I’ve hunted around the files as much as I can think to trying to figure out what’s causing it, to no avail. If I build fighters the left hand list updates, but the build list headings do not. This happens to fighters and corvettes, but all the other categories work fine.

Anyone have ideas?

Brickspace does the same thing.

FX MOD does the same thing.

well, good to know I’m not alone in this problem at least.

Well I don’t know how to fix it yet, but I know how to get rid of it.

From UPDATEHOMEWORLD2.BIG

ui > newui > build > finalbuild.lua

Line 71 for me:
fstringUnitCaps = "$2569", -- format string for unit caps headers (%06x is for the color [ red when maxed out ])

Change to
fstringUnitCaps = "", -- format string for unit caps headers (%06x is for the color [ red when maxed out ])

And the bad unitcaps info should no longer display in the build menu. String $2569 is in UpdateEnglish.BIG, ui.dat and is just: 2569 <c=%06x>%d</c><c=ffffff> / %d</c> - a google search says %d just means a decimal number.

-Stefan-

1 Like

Hm. %d essentially means ‘engine, substitute a number here’, so the next question is… how does it associate build tabs with unitcaps families?

1 Like