Unloadable Save Data

Hey y’all so I have a level 72 Salvador on the xbox one that won’t load. How do I load him again? I have uninstalled the game twice. The message says “Unable to load this save data because it is from content you do not have installed. Please ensure all content is fully downloaded and installed.” I have the Handsome Jack Collection so I should have everything. If someone could help get my character back I would be most appreciative!

Was this a save transferred from a 360, or was it one you’d started from scratch on the XB1?

Hello, my friend and I just had a similar problem. We were Pirate Pete’s when the power went out and both characters are now lost. We get a pop up titled “Unloadable Save Data” and goes on to explain “Unable to load this save data because it is from content you do not have installed. Please ensure all content is fully downloaded and installed.”

Both our other characters are unharmed and available to play.

When I go to Downloadable Content it states “New Content” “Unable to enumerate the new content offerings. Please try again later.”

All content is available in the game on my other characters though so I do not feel that it is a problem with lacking content, it simple seems that our two characters have disappeared. Is there any way to get these back?

That sounds like actual save file corruption, and I’m not sure there’s much that can be done about that if that’s the case unless you have an original 360 version of the save still.

That’s normal with The Handsome Collection - since everything’s already installed, there’s nothing to look for. It’s a bit of a misleading message, but there it is.

I would recommend that you try doing a full hard reset of your XB1 though: turn it off, pull the cord out of the power pack, give it a bit (you may have to tap the power button on the console a few times just to make sure all power is fully drained), then reconnect the power cord and start it up. It’s possible that the error you and the OP are seeing is because of some corruption in the cache; a hard reset should cause that to be cleared.

If that doesn’t work, you could also try filing a support ticket to see if the help desk has any additional suggestions:

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200330430-Borderlands-The-Handsome-Collection

No, it didn’t work but thank you for your help. We filed a support ticket so I hope that they will be able to help.

A post was split to a new topic: Problems Uploading Save Files