Unlocked Toby, but he's still not available for me to select

Exactly what the title says, I unlocked Toby via the challenge, Win 5 matches as a Rogue character, it went through the renouncement that I unlocked him, my profile says he’s unlocked, but whenever I get to a character select screen, it says he is still locked on my account. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

1 Like

If you’re on PC or Xbox One he will remain unlocked as Sony paid for Toby to be an exclusive during the Open Beta.

Really, I was very unaware of that, and that is incredibly disappointing. Are there other characters that are exclusive to certain platforms?

Toby is the only one and only during the Open Beta. He will be available for everyone upon the game’s release.

Huh. Alright, thank you for the info.

Man, I was working to open him up and figured it was a bug. That’s a shame. Oh well, at least he’ll be there in the full version.

This is ridiculous every character should b available! Am I the only one sick of these consoles fighting over exclusivity? Honestly Toby is one of the more AWSOME characters and I was really looking forward to seeing how he played o well guess that’s out of the question.

1 Like

That is so fking stupid…

Tired of it? Yah. But it’s not going away, and it makes sense for them to do stuff like this. Just be glad none of the characters will be exclusive or times exclusives on the actual release.

In th end of the day, wveryone needs to remember this is a beta. They are testing servers, character balance, and checking for last bugs they missed. Not everything needs to be available, and although missing out on a character is painful, there is still a ton to do. Considering its free (you aren’t forced to buy the game to play beta), we should just take what we can get.

1 Like

Sony gave them money for exclusivity, money that they can use on the budget for this game or the next game they development AND it’s only for the Beta. I’m actually proud of GBX for being able to work out something like that.

I really wish at the very least their was an indication in the menu that toby couldn’t be earned on the other platforms till launch. I grinded out 5 wins as a rogue to not unlock him.

2 Likes

I completley thought this was a bug and I was about to report it myself…it’d be useful if they simply said the character was not availible at this time as _ I thought it was a more serious issue_