Unofficial Community Patch Thread

Thunderball Fists.

Also, the Good Touch already has the Moxxi healing and, iirc, bonus crit damage.
A lot of guns are already balanced in terms of power/utility imo.
I wish I could play on PC to apply the patch and edit it as I see fit. Would love to adjust the Volcano Splash/DoT, etc

Hey everyone! I’ve been following this patch since the beginning and I’m really looking forward for the next one. However I want to try my hand at modifying some stuff (like changing the skills on the hunter com or adding ammo Regen to the sniper com) but I have no clue where to look to get the initial code to modify them. Can somebody give me any tips for this or send me a PM?

Download the patch and just look at the code…

It’s a simple text file

After heavy perusing…you start to get the hang of it…the basics…

Then start PMing folks with exact questions…

That’s what I did.

And if a 62 year old ex-Infantryman can do it…

ANYBODY can…LOL

4 Likes

Right now, I’m working on the actual list itself, and I made a change that makes early game surprisingly VERY bearable. So look forward for that

So if you got actual feedback, you can tell me or tag me about it, because I’m writing down the skills and then I’ll start modifying them, I don’t know if I’m still going for a 100 changes but I’ll see what I can do. It’ll take me about a week or two to get the patch going.

2 Likes

Alright, can’t wait for the next patch then! For feedback I love the change to the chère-amie, I now use a bladed one for my hybrid zero. I also really love the naught, it makes it much more easier to survive and it actually synergies pretty well with the orphan maker. I just got the elephant gun yesterday so I haven’t been able to try it too much but it seems like it’s now the perfect OSOK weapon. The change to the sniper com seems good as snipers always need more swap speed but since I don’t use it much I didn’t really feel it (that’s why I keep asking you about the hunter com ^^). I am having trouble deciding how to use the weapon damage relics. I got one for sniper damage and I’m never sure when to use them and if it’s better to use a bone but that’s on me not the patch. I’m really looking forward to trying the Hawkeye, the Patriot and the Godfinger when I can get my hand on them :slight_smile:

Shadow…we have started some individual threads for input on skills. You might want to visit these to get a feel for folk’s thoughts on skills that need work:

No one has done anything on Krieg yet but I know there was discussion that Hellfire Halitosis was useless.

3 Likes

That Gaige one was made last year by someone who just threw buffs all over the place for every character. No offense towards them but I wouldn’t use that as reference.

1 Like

Just posted there, didnt notice the date.
Guess Im going to create a new one so.

1 Like

OK guys…start a new one on Gaige and I will fix the post. I know Zip about Gaige…

Sure…Anybody who will put some thought into it and try to balance ideas is fine with me. Give em a ring Tokesy…see if they are interested.

Soldier Logic:
Anybody willing to lead threads on Gaige and Krieg
Better than
No one willing to lead threads on Gaige and Krieg

:grinning:

1 Like

I’ll be moving mu suggestions for Gaige’s fixes to its own topic now.

Edit:

4 Likes

@shadowevil1996 Is it possible to allow the Leech to spawn with the slag element? And what about allowing the impaler to spawn with any element, including slag?

[quote=“nuK3, post:347, topic:1557735”]allowing the impaler to spawn with any element, including slag?[/quote]If you could turn off the bullet reflection and damage reduction from the Antagonist, you’d be pretty close (if setting the Impaler to slag doesn’t work).

Fixed my post and added yours for Gaige.

Thanks for throwing your hat in the ring! :dukeaffirmative:

I am also glad you can get @pokapoka thoughts on improvements!

2 Likes

My knowledge about the Mechro wouldn’t be at this point today if it weren’t for Poka.

1 Like

I will go you one further…

My knowledge about the entire GAME wouldn’t be at this point today if it weren’t for Poka.

Great player and a good guy!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry, I thought I would make a new post on this thread. Sorry, but this is the first time I’ve posted anything on a forum like this before! Sorry!

Well, that’s a risk you take when doing what you did… I’m not judging, just saying. Also, you might wanna read the forum rules before posting. I know you’re new here and all, but we’re not allowed to discuss third party modding software and save editing tools around here, this being the official Gearbox forums and all. I’m afraid no one here will be able to help you with that.

So now that Jakobs bolt-action snipers are amazing, could we make the Godfinger a bolt-action again? @shadowevil1996

Also, I think Torgue-barrel ARs could use an all-round buff.

1 Like