Unofficial Fanart & Cosplay Reference Guides

(Thrall Lover) #41

Aaaaa thank you so much! And that’s a really cool tidbit. It really stretches the use of a single resource, kinda like how they did the enemy variants in the Borderlands games. I like it c:

(lowlines - PS4) #42

I think both the Minion Soldier bots and the Varelsi Trooper and Conservator archetypes also do something similar. Think of it like enemies having their own tier 2/3 skins :stuck_out_tongue:

[edit]

Speaking of…The reason why I haven’t met the daily quota I stupidly set myself on this project was because I was working on something cool! :sunglasses:

Only some of the animations don’t work atm though…

Houdini has been my star performer during all my tests, so much so that I think it’s finally gone to his head…

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #43

Really want toby|berg references. Would help in my project lol.

Good work so far!

(lowlines - PS4) #44

@Rabid_Explosions @HandsomeCam (because I know you’ve been secretly waiting for this).

Why is Toby squinting? It’s cos the character designer made him in a brightly lit room causing him to keep his eyes closed so he didn’t go blind :stuck_out_tongue:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #45

HOORAY!! THANK YOU!!

Hmm… Now that i can finally see it from multiple angles, i can’t help but notice that the stripes on Toby’s back are NOT a color pattern on his coat (as i previously thought), but some sort of claw-mark scar.

THIS WILL NEED TO BE REFERENCED IN MY RP STORIES!!

Thanks again!

(lowlines - PS4) #46

Oh that is DEFINITELY a claw mark. Toby has obviously met with creatures that thought a Finisci would make a nice snack! I assume most them are now nothing but melted goop after trying. :sunglasses:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #47

Now i must make a story where one of the other Battleborn asks Toby about it, and where he gives a boastful “war story”…

(lowlines - PS4) #48

It could also be a scar he got from being bullied as a kid on Menneck-B/Madan, the shape and angle could totally be a Buteonen that did it. @Jythri @dante_d_silva wish to fill us in??

On The Origins of Aviants
(Penguin connoisseur.) #49

Dafuq is THIS^?

Also, while i kinda DO want an official answer from the devs as to the cause, it WOULD limit my ability to use my own creativity in my story. If i had to guess, i’d say that one of the higher-up devs took a look at Toby’s design art, stroked their beard, and said:

“He doesn’t look Rogue-E enough… ADD A SCAR!!”

Then Toby’s designer, not wanting to ruin the cuteness that pertains to his lore, put it on his back.

(lowlines - PS4) #50

I would have thought YOU of all things would know the sub-species of your most hated fellow Battleborn (@Benedict_87) . :open_mouth:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #51

I didn’t even know what a “Finisci” was until roughly two months ago, when someone pointed it out to me. You have NO idea how limited my attention sp-

Runs off to chase a butterfly with a stick, gets tired, and goes to bed.

Goodnight, and thank you SO much for the reference guide again! I’ll be noting and reusing this “Buteonen” thing as well…

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #52

Yep. That’s the official title.
I like “hawk” better though. It sounds cooler.
In fact, I like a lot of the bird names better.

Tell me “hen” doesn’t sound better than “chaifii.” Son of a chaifii. Ugh. Son of a hen, simple, blunt, easy to say, easy to swear. Love it.
Ernest is technically “irieira.” He likes “budgie” better. I think they both kind of suck.

Sigh…

I guess there’s just no making Ernest sound cool…

On The Origins of Aviants
(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #53

@lowlines greatly appreciate the tobester being posted. Now I can get to work with a bit more detail on my super secret Toby project.

That Berg will come in handy eventually once I stop being intimidated by it as well. lol

CHEERS!

(Jythri) #54

Now, I’m showing my hand.

Mostly, it’s the opposite at Gearbox. More frequently, the artist drawing the thing says, “You know what would look cool? Scars! Why does he have scars? I don’t know, but DOESN’T IT LOOK COOL!” Then, beleagured creative directors and writers have to find what three-clawed animals in our universe would have taken a swipe at Toby, and find some way to add it to discoverable canon. :smiley:

Some day, ask me about the dragon skeletons on Bliss.

(lowlines - PS4) #55

Quick! Someone lean over and see what else @jythri has! Clearly he’s holding out on us!!

[edit]

I also really need to figure out static meshes…for “research” purposes!

(Is this thing on?) #56

Ok, so what ABOUT the dragon skeletons on Bliss? Why are they there, and are they related to the giant skeletons seen in eg. Hammerlock’s Hunt (Candlerakk’s Crag) and BL2 main game (Tundra Express)?

Well, you did say to ask you…

(Penguin connoisseur.) #57

ON ANOTHER DAY!! ARE YOU TRYING TO PISS OFF ONE OF THE BATTLEGODS?!

(Is this thing on?) #58
He didn’t say “another” day. He said “some day”. Today is some day.

(Penguin connoisseur.) #59

No, today is Thursday. :smirk:

Drum riff.

(Is this thing on?) #60

Not everywhere. It’s already Friday in some places.