Unpopular Opinion: Vaughn has Terrible basicb abs

There i said it.

Now Krieg… Those are freakin abs.
Mr Torgue… F#CK YEAH!
Even Amara has Wayyyy better.

Watching Amara act like a unfunny basic skinny dude in his underoos had any sort of body sorta made me cringe.

Game gave ppl no reason to like Vaughn… Not like Everyone owns the tales series. And his abs were pretty weak. Infact they were better in tales. Basic human low fat abs.

Now the B word can b anything you want it to be. Like… Basic!

5 Likes

I’m just in here for the Vaughn slander. Hate that dude. Liked him way better in Tales.

But yes his abs are unimpressive, and he looks like a funky bum.

2 Likes

Vaughn is impressively unimpressive. An epic bundle of stringy, unmerited bravado.

1 Like

He made me laugh a couple of times and handed out some side missions - not looking for much more in an NPC.

4 Likes

Ad i love u bro ur bar is so low sometimes i think ud be oK with some homeless guy who grunts n says… Gimmie a half eaten bagel as a side quest.

I think ur the most accepting person on this whole forum! Like u find a way to be positive even about The smeliest poop this game shats! Im F#***n AMAZED!

I’m trying to think of an NPC that I don’t like (as opposed to just being forgettable)… the ones in Sanctuary III that stop in the doorway to my room so I have to Fast Travel out haven’t yet had any redeeming qualities where I’d call it a wash, but I have no expectation that every NPC be a fit for what I find entertaining.

The few warts that actually concern me aren’t deal breakers, so while Gearbox works out the kinks as they can, I’m having fun… hoping to encourage people to enjoy the game as they can in the meantime too.

4 Likes

I always feel he would benefit from a wash. Dutty ho.

3 Likes

It has been said countless times but among the numerous crimes of bl3 writers turning fun and interesting characters from the great game Tales of bl into flat unfunny joke characters is one of the most eggregious

2 Likes

The closest I can get offhand are a couple that slightly bug me or fill me with abject indifference. Like Clay and Katagawa. I find Rhys’s murderous ex-barista a bit annoying, too, but she gets bonus points for being the Coffee Commander. And I’ve never really liked Maya, but in this game I get a happy ending on that front.

2 Likes

she has the worst British accent. Mockney :rofl:

2 Likes

She sounds more like scary spice lived in austrialia to me.

Lmao…

Coffe quest was one of the worst… Ratch guy was the best. Thats sad.

3 Likes

But Vaughn once killed a guy with just his abs. He deserves a little respect people!!!

“Bandit Lyyyyyyyyfe”

Let’s not forget Piston…

But yeah, I think the whole point with bandit Vaughn is him being a little pathetic. In all fairness, if he actually killed a dude with those abs, that’s gotta count for something.

1 Like

You know the VA is from England? It’s not a cockney accent, nor do I think it’s meant to be - there are a variety of different accents across London. She sounds more ‘Croydon’ to me - and now we’re getting really specific.

Now if we’re talking genuinely off accents, then Aurelia and Pickle. The former is not consistent, and the latter is clearly meant to be cockney but isn’t. (Plus, you don’t explain rhyming slang!)

Maybe the psycho he killed died laughing?

2 Likes

Brick and Salvador are both pretty ripped too.

1 Like

I get Canadian vibes from this guy, and I can’t say why… like I picture Rick Moranis from Strange Brew as the first pre-Ratch dude.

No bio for them on IMDB. I wonder if it was someone from GBX QC?

So one talking trash on Vaughn. This means only 1 thing

BLOOOOOOOD FUUUUUUUED

4 Likes

I just remembered something I read: Having overly well-defined abs is actually an indicator of being both underfed and dehydrated. Like, normally you’d still have those abs, but they’d be covered and a little blurred by a layer of fat.
Bodybuilders and actors do temporarily go on a remarkably unhealthy diet for their movieshoots and events and if they kept themselves in that state for an extended period of time it would very negatively impact their health.
Vaughn is just living an ever-so-slightly healthier life than the other folks.

1 Like

THE LAST 20 YEARS OF PREGNANT PALUMBO GUT BODYBUILDERS DISAGREES WITH YOU VISUALLY!

YES IM YELLING!

ok im not Yelling now.

Abs definition has two general factors. Actual abdominal muscle mass and definition. Lower body fat. You can be fat and if ur abs are EXPLOSIVELY WELL PUMPED its gonna show regardless even if ur full of bbq and Slurpees!

Now getting rid of water to show definition needs low body fat and shows definition. But regardless ofwater weight. Well trained ones will always show! Kaboom!

WHAT AM I SAYING?! I DONT KNOW!.. BUT VAUGHN’S ABS SUCKS!

1 Like