Update Coming to Borderlands 2 on October 29, 2015

Big thanks to the team!

Thread PSA: check out the TPS updates going out on the same day

Wait…I’m supposed to be testing some beta tomorrow. Now I have decisions to make.

I believe so, but then again, you don’t need to fight the raid boss to trigger it, so there is that

Play with Maya 2.0 or Battleborn…Both of course, who needs sleep

3 Likes

“The Aquamarine sniper rifle has been updated with the proper stats. It was previously incorrectly categorized as an SMG. Players with this weapon in their inventory at the time of the update will have an SMG in its place. Future drops of the Aquamarine sniper will be correct.”

Thanks Gearbox, you guys just made my day

I’m absolutely shocked to see such a major update this late into the game’s life cycle. Definitely kudos to Gearbox on this one. A little sad about the Cobra not being a farmer’s trophy weapon any more, but it was definitely something that needed fixing.

I think masochist’s trophy weapon is more accurate. :blush: Assuming the wiki is correct, a Purple rarity Sniper rifle dropped by one of Pete’s Burners had a 88 in 10,000 chance to be a Cobra.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

2 Likes

Some of us like the torture. I loved those odds, but I’m insane. A handful of people liked it too, but overall I agree that this definitely needed to be fixed. Sad to see the trophy go though.

1 Like

It is most likely not however. The whole “if a purple Sniper drops” thing is a huge myth. If it were true, the chance of a Cobra drop would be worse than 1:1,000,000 because of several factors:
Enemies don’t necessarily drop anything and it doesn’t have to be a gun and it doesn’t have to be a Sniper Rifle either. If it is a Sniper Rifle the chance of it being Purple is around 1:1000 (or 0.1%) in Normal and TVHM and probably better in UVHM and even better on 61 and higher.
0.88% of THAT being a Cobra? That is far beyond any reasonable assumptions. Too many people have found it for that be true.

Sorry for ranting but that myth has annoyed me for a long time. @Poisonedbite posted an excellent video of the most likely real drop rate somewhere (which is still terrible).
I also found the video. The chance is approximately 1:21000. Or shall I say: Used to be :slight_smile:

Damn you wiki!

2 Likes

I think that data was from gearbox. Not a myth.

(Although if poisoned says it is, I should probably shut up)

GBX’ actual wording was that any Sniper has a 0.88% chance of being the Cobra. The myth is that only Purple Snipers have that chance.
People probably wanted to find some reason why it is so gosh dang rare. And misunderstanding some mechanics as the next poster pointed out.

I updated that post with the video Poisonedbite also posted.

2 Likes

This is correct. The wording was “If a burner drops a sniper rifle, then it has a 0.88% chance…” etc. The “purple sniper” thing is also semi-correct as the game reads the Cobra as a purple rarity sniper, rather than a blue.

Ah, okay, yeah, I remember that now. Carry on.

Weapon abilities will no longer be retained when using the inventory to swap weapons during the weapon-swap animation.

Hahaha! Awesome. I’m so tired of kids telling me to merge weapons.

Brood the Invincible’s nameplate will now appear correctly.

I’ve never noticed this being wrong, lol.

Various balance refinements and tweaks, with special attention given to Maya to make her more in-line with the other characters.

Any more info here?

The Fastball grenade has been added to Boll’s loot pool.

Good.

Gun-based splash damage will now scale correctly.

?

The Aquamarine sniper rifle has been updated with the proper stats.

Thank you kindly.

French, Italian, German, and Spanish language versions of the game will now properly display Critical Hit FX.

Poor foreign language owners who didn’t get to experience exploding heads until now.

Badass stats will no longer display multiples of the same choice when selecting a Badass Rank stat bonus.

??? But it’s too late. My Bad Ass Stats are already ruined. Is there any chance to reset it totally?

Tweaks to improve performance while navigating menu screens.

Good.

A rare issue where an object could appear to have a bright, neon-colored texture will no longer occur.

Quite a stretch to have called this a rare issue.

Various stability improvements.

Dope.

Drop rates for the Cobra have been increased in Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage.

Will the weapon still be garbage, though?

Permanent Hot-Fix to increase the drop rate of legendary items across the game.

Good.

1 Like

So i wasn’t the only one to have this happen on the reg

It sounds like it. Were there any other cases where the boss fight/area affected the difficulty when you weren’t fighting that boss?

@Jeffybug do you know if the splash damage patch is restoring splash damage from before the loot hunt patch that increased a lot of it incorrectly? If not what is it?

Just a heads-up that notifications do not seem to be working properly atm, so Jeff might not see your question unless he checks the thread manually.

Hell yeah Jeffy!!!

After a disastrous day this is great news!!

@Derch I’ll try to track it down when I’m in the office tomorrow, but honestly with Battleborn’s Closed Technical Test kicking off, you guys might beat me to the answer.