Update Coming to Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on May 19

An update is coming to Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on Tuesday, May 19! These update will contain various bug and performances improvements.

Note that the update will be very large due to the nature of the performance-improving fixes.

The update will be available worldwide on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on May 19. The updates are currently scheduled to roll out in the early morning (PDT) on Xbox One and by the early afternoon (PDT) on PlayStation 4.

Links to the full update notes can be found below:

For support with Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, please visit support.gearboxsoftware.com.

7 Likes

Hurrah! and Hooray!

I can now go play TPS and see if I still don’t like it :smile:

Thanks chaps. I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of hard work, long weekends and heartache been put into this.

Fingers crossed :smiley:

2 Likes

thats a long list of changes to TPS

Awesome news! Will DL tonight.
Edit: doh must be the 20th in aus. Damn america being a day behind lol…

Its had some of the biggest issues with the remaster. Still didn’t see anything on the Slag lickd challenge or others that aren’t leveling right.
Any word on that guys

“Controller Light Bar now changes color based on the equipped weapon’s elemental effect.”

That’s…actually going to be pretty cool.

5 Likes

I turned my XBOX 1 Console ON to start playing BL:TPS, and I was prompted to download an update.
This was like 15 minutes ago, and I’m still at 68% downloading the update. Seems like a big update for the XBX 1 Console.

[Claptastic Voyage] Added Grinder recipes for Claptastic Voyage items

Yes! Luck Cannon here I come!

2 Likes

7.7gb. WOW

I think it took at least 30 minutes to download. I don’t have super fast download speed.

Good to see that we finally get a patch, About time we got a fix to many issues :D. I hope my zombie Wilhelm voice will finally be gone

1 Like

I see now what people have reported in this thread. Apparently the 5/19 Update for Xbox One already rolled out, earlier than I expected. I’m definitely noticing the change in controller vibration. Although the Xbox One’s controller rumble functionality appears to be underutilized in THC, it’s at least consistently present when shooting, after the update. Yay!

1 Like

“Controller Light Bar now changes color based on the equipped weapon’s elemental effect”
This is awesome!!!
Edit: and I see we’re finally getting those SDU slots in TPS.

Sweet, thanks very much GB. It pays to be patient people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has the splitscreen fov in tps been fixed?

I think I have automatic updates turned on. I suspect that because I noticed vertical splitscreen aiming seemed to be corrected this morning when I played. So I went onto the forums to check for updates and BAM I see we have this awesome patch. Thanks Gearbox! However, I will doublecheck to make sure I got the update.

My other big issue was multiplayer connectivity. Someone please tell me that public games in TPS are findable again and that joining your friends sessions is as seamless as it was on the 360. I suppose that might still be erratic until more people update and play as we go through the day.

There is a line in the patch about allowing zoom in video options. That made me wonder.

Thanks for the info. Yea, I’m still fairly new with the XBX 1, I’m still trying to get used to it.
BTW, I played with the grinder a few hrs last night and noticed these new changes:

1. The grinders now have a fancier appearance when approached to use.
  2. The grinder can now grind The Proletarian Revolution and The Flayer SGs.
3 Likes

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to Gearbox. You did us good. This patch really worked unlike the first 3 patches for the HALO MCC on XB1.

:smiley:

Update is live on ps4 but taking forever to start the download
Edit: nevermind, just checked on it and it’s flying.