Update coming to Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (1/27/15)

The next major update for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is coming very soon. This update will add support for the release of the third downloadable add-on pack, the Lady Hammerlock Pack, and several bug fixes. You’ll receive the update on January 27 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Steam. As we announced over the weekend, January 27 will also bring the release of the Lady Hammerlock Pack on Xbox 360, Steam, and PlayStation 3 in North America.

For PlayStation 3 players outside of North America, the add-on pack will be available on January 28 as soon as the PlayStation Store updates in your territory. Xbox 360 users will also be prompted to download a new Compatability Pack in the coming days.

Full patch notes detailing what you can expect in the update will be posted here when available (look for the entry dated January 27):

Xbox 360 Update Information
PlayStation 3 Update Information
PC Update Information

UPDATE:

[quote] It has come to our attention that the January 27 game update for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, which releases alongside the Lady Hammerlock Pack, has an unforeseen issue.

Specifically, when the update is applied, putting three items of purple rarity into the Grinder has the potential to cause a crash. The team is hard at work at addressing this issue as quickly as possible – until then, we recommend players use the Grinder at their own risk.

Should players not wish to receive this update, which is required to play online and access the Lady Hammerlock Pack, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players should not accept the update when prompted to download while Steam players can put Steam into Offline Mode.

We’ll share more information on the resolution to this issue as soon as we have it confirmed – keep an eye on the Knowledge Base article here for the latest: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/62463260[/quote]

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

Timothy will be immortal immortaler!

lmao good thing i didnt sell my amp shield

Updates, Perm Hot-fixes, BL3, Aurelia, Claptrap’s mind DLC.
Looks like I might actually start playing again.

In case you haven’t noticed:

It has come to our attention that the January 27 game update for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, which releases alongside the Lady Hammerlock Pack, has an unforeseen issue.

Specifically, when the update is applied, putting three items of purple rarity into the Grinder has the potential to cause a crash. The team is hard at work at addressing this issue as quickly as possible – until then, we recommend players use the Grinder at their own risk.

Should players not wish to receive this update, which is required to play online and access the Lady Hammerlock Pack, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players should not accept the update when prompted to download while Steam players can put Steam into Offline Mode.

We’ll share more information on the resolution to this issue as soon as we have it confirmed – keep an eye on the Knowledge Base article here for the latest.

Source: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/62463260

Still no backpack/bank slot fix then…?

@LootMidget Nothing in this update – the team is still working on a fix to include in a future update though!

1 Like

Okay Jeffybug, thanks for the reply.

:O)

Nina loves support of TPS.

@Jeffybug: Was playing (XBox) last night, and the eridium tier SDUs were showing up in Crazy Earl’s again. Does this mean that there was a fix, or does it mean that the hotfix to prevent them showing up doesn’t always get applied?

@VaultHunter101 It sounds like the fix just didn’t get applied. Were you connected to Xbox Live?

Yes, also authenticated over SHiFT. I’ve noticed people discussing issues with grinding purples on XBox as well. Are there, by any chance, competing hotfixes? I mean, ideally, there’d just be one download for all current hotfixes, but if there are multiple (or out-dated) copies on some servers, that might be a problem. I guess there’s no way to get a “version code” or something for the currently applied hotfix?

Users should only be downloading one set of hot fixes each time they load in. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll pass this along to the team!

Jeff, do you need to be signed into Shift to get the hotfixes? Ngho has been having problems over on the old forum. Thanks.

@Gulfwulf – you only need to be connected to the Internet when Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel boots up to receive the latest hot fixes.

I wasn’t sure, Jeff. Thanks for the info and taking care of Ngho’s issue. :thumbsup:

@Jeffybug: I checked again tonight. Definitely connected to XBL, and seeing the first of the cyan (150 eridium) backpack SDUs in Crazy Earl’s. Tried quitting, clearing system cache, restarting. After the 5 MB update re-downloaded, I’m still seeing the 150 eridium backpack SDU in Crazy Earl’s. Don’t have enough E. at this point to buy the 50 and 100 bank SDUs, so I don’t know if it’s just the one that’s appearing. If it makes any difference as far as servers are concerned, I’m in southern Ontario.

its bugged so save your moonstones

@Jeffybug: Would it be possible to get a short description of how the hotfix to prevent the 3xpurple crash for XBox users will appear to the user? I ran into the same issue as Ngho the other night: sometimes, I could grind three purple revolvers. Sometimes, I could add them but the “grind” button remained disabled; and sometimes I could put in the same three purple revolvers, the “grind” (Y) button was enabled, but pressing Y did absolutely nothing. It’s difficult to tell the difference between “working as intended because that’s not an allowed combination”, “working as intended to prevent a crash”, and “bugged”

@VaultHunter101 How fast are you entering the game from the main menu? The hot fixes usually don’t apply until the SHiFT authentication check finishes. It seems like the hot fixes are not working for you because you’re also seeing the SDU’s available for purchase.