Update on drop rates?

Just was wondering if there will be a hotfix today? I know Christmas was yesterday but i have been anticipating the developers working on the loot drops. I totally understand if there isn’t a hotfix, but will it be one next week? The game has gotten much better, but for me to continue to enjoy the game, I desperately need the loot drop rate increased in mayhem 4. I also believe that in mayhem 4 all loot should be anointed, its endgame and any legendary that is non anointed is basically not a legendary. Again, thank you developers for everything you have done and I look forward to your response @Noelle_GBX

3 Likes

I second this. When Mayhem 4 first dropped, I noticed and even posted here about how the loot drops are worse than Mayhem 3, sometimes even Mayhem 2. I was thinking maybe I was a victim of poor RNG, but after multiple Mayhem 4 sessions trying to get Mayhem 4 only gear…its definitely got to be something wrong here. I get WAY more loot in Mayhem 3 than on 4.

Just last night I went hunting for Fl4ks R4kk P4kk mod and three attempts of the Trial of Cunning netted me 2 legendaries (neither of which I was looking for…grrrr) On Mayhem 3 I get more than that on one run through the trial usually.

2 Likes

keep in mind that m4 increase world drop to 700% not dedicated drop

2 Likes

Yes, I know but the drop rate itself is just not as good as the dlc drop rate. The dlc drop rate is what the game in full should be

4 Likes

completely agreed

True, but I’m not speaking about drops specifically from the enemy I was farming. I’m talking about drops in general. As in how many I see from the beginning to the end of the trial as I’m killing everything. Its not even a question for me anymore. I absolutely see way more legendary drops in M3 than M4.

Yes, exactly. Especially if they have a dedicated loot drop then it shouldn’t be rare as it is i maybe get the thing im looking for 1/50 if im lucky, and there are still at least 15 versions of that gun or shield or mod whatever it may be. I thought going to mayhem 4 would change the drop rate, but no it didn’t. I have experienced better drop rate in mayhem 3. And if mayhem 4 doesn’t increase dedicated loot drops then what is the point?

2 Likes

Exactly.

Thing is, I don’t even care for M4 that much. Everything is too bullet spongey and I can’t play the way I like. I have to play with setups and highly synergized builds to be successful. And I know thats the point, but there is content I want gated behind it. So in order to get it, I have to play in a way that I don’t enjoy, AND deal with crappy drop rates

2 Likes

its more like 200 version of a single gun , the game definitely need better drop rate , i can already tell people dont really play the farming endgame anymore . i have couple of friends that put thousand hours into bl2 like me stopped playing because all that farming become boring and waste of time.

1 Like

Next hot-fix will drop on Dec 31st. It will change the scaling in the Maliwan Takedown.

1 Like

Very true. I have played my amara for 600+ hours and I still don’t have what I want/need. If it wasn’t for the trading community this game would of been boycotted long ago. Once I finished the game i grinded to make my amara good without glitching. But i needed certain anointments but i never got them. I really love this game. This is actually my first borderlands game, although the story was off, I love the concept of farming, but if im farming and dont get any gold in m4 then what is the point. Also I believe all items that drop in mayhem 4 should be anointed. This is endgame. Non anointed weapons are nothing but blue or grey in the end game.

4 Likes

its either make everything worth using or buff drop rate for people to get what they want . i prefer the second one tho

2 Likes

I hope they will consider what everyone has been posting

2 Likes

What you mean by that?

I mean I’m not the first one to acknowledge the drop rates. I understand they buffed trial bosses. But bosses themselves need a buff especially for dedicated loot drops. I feel like if they want to name a location a dedicated loot drop that it should drop it at least 75% of the time in mayhem 4. But nope it drops 2% of the time

4 Likes

i think gearbox does take action , after the 1 of my post got explode by negativity . borderlands 3 twitter does say something on dec 13 , go check it out

1 Like

Well, first thing is all dedicated/specific drops need to be boosted by Mayhem. And I’m sure we’ll get this sooner or later, but I doubt it will be in this year hot-fix. I think they change/fix this with Mayhem 2.0 patch.

2 Likes

I hope we don’t have to wait that long because with it taking as long as it have I’m starting to lose interest in the game. I don’t understand if they can boost the drop rate for trial bosses so quickly why can’t they do it with all bosses?

3 Likes

already moved on until they added new dlc really , dont really see the reason to play when most of the drop doesnt improve ur character by anyway

2 Likes

Completely agree with everything said in OP. I’ve also made multiple posts echoing the same thing. In every aspect of the game outside of The Slaughter Shaft and The DLC, M4 is unrewarding and terrible. Dedicated Loot drops are barely noticeable. Un-anointed gear is useless.

4 Likes