Uranus loot pool; The Legendary Loot Giant

I disagree with your conclusion in a slight, but important manner. You write “it is shown, mathematically, that this relic does, in fact, increase your chance of getting better gear.”

A minute increase is an increase but not necessarily a significant one. If you look at the tables provided by @slif_one from the wiki you can see that the percentages barely change whether the relic is applied or not, with anything above uncommon either not changing or changing by such tiny amounts that it’s not significant.

You clearly like running the Vault Hunters relic and so by all means keep running it, it’s not hurting anything

4 Likes

Any chance in an increase is a good one for me! I feel like I’m cheating myself if I don’t use it. I rarely use any other relics anyway. To each their own, right?

4 Likes

wiki is wrong.

from lightchaosman
Some extra info: “60% less whites” is what it does in the code. What this means in practice: Normally a drop you get from a normal enemy, 89% of them are white, 11% are non-whites. Reducing the rate of whites by “60%” makes it so you get 84% whites, instead of 89% whites, which is where the 5% comes from. this means you go from 11% chance for non-garbage to 16% non-garbage, effectively boosting the rates by about 50%. How does 60% translate to 5% you ask? math which is too long

from shadowevil

IMO the relic is only good for farming blues (cobra and twister)

3 Likes

Twister is a designated drop though, so it’s only really useful for Cobra farming.

2 Likes

I thought the Cobra had some strange rules for dropping: has to be a Burner enemy (of course), but then the rules are: if he drops a sniper, and the sniper is determined to be a purple rarity, then there’s a very small chance it will be a Cobra instead of a purple sniper.

This is from the wiki, heh, but it appears the information comes from a Gearbox employee.

4 Likes

More correctly, it reduces the size of the common pool. This increases the %chance of all the other pools, but the way the calculation is done the larger pools see a bigger increase than the smaller ones. Since the legendary pool is the smallest, it sees the smallest difference in %chance from the relic - so small as to be pretty much a rounding error. It’s how the mathematics works.

To bring this back on topic, the main thing appears to be that drop rates are overall better in the new DLC. That could be because there are more higher tier enemies in it (and higher tier enemies have better loot pools), or because the developers tweaked the loot pool tables for the DLC. (Or both, of course.)

Anyway, enough talk about loot chances etc. as there is a thread for that.

6 Likes

Compared to the loot drops from Crawmerax in Borderlands… Uranusbot is a godsend…lol

1 Like

And easier to kill xD

1 Like

Actually, I would say that UranusBot has a way better drop rate then, The Loot Train and WEP combined (The WEP does beat it out on Relic Drops)

I’ve listed 2 farming runs in “Item Finds of the Day BL2”, one around 3 hours long that I list 22 legends and 1 everecent grenade, the 2nd is 2 hours and it lists 16 Legends and 3 pearls

Never have gotten anything above purple when I help farm him with peeps

3 Likes

BL1 Craw? He was the source of pearls.

1 Like

In all my 500 hours of playing BL1, I’ve only ever gotten Crawmerax to drop less than 5 pearls… :frowning:

In about 5 hours of farming Uranusbot, I’ve managed to pick up at least 20 pearls.

2 Likes

Lol …

1 Like

Now THAT we can agree on :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I never farmed Craw, was his drop rate really low? I only played BL1 to solo kill him lol

3 Likes

Yeah, the drop rates were extremely low, for pearls, anyway. Legendaries weren’t bad.

3 Likes

Also drops a Neogenator

3 Likes

The three green Dahl ammo chests can contain Loot Midgets.

There are two on the upper level to the left (as you enter The Arsenel) of Uranus,

and one on the lower level to the right of Uranus.
20190721210644_1

Opening those three chests after 15 kills of Uranus produced three Legendary Loot Midgets.

Legendary Loot Wee WAR Loader on the second Uranus kill.

Legendary Loot Midget Engineer on the seventh Uranus kill.

Legendary Loot Wee GUN Loader on the ninth Uranus kill.

Uranus farm starts about 50 minutes into this video.

6 Likes

Question for folks farming the Ironic Giant: what’s your legendary drop rate looking like? Are you getting 1 legendary a run, 1 in 10 runs on average, more than 1 drop per run?

2 Likes

In my experience, I get, on average, one per run. That doesn’t mean I will always get one, though. I’ve gotten more than one in a run and up to three, with a pearl. I always check the red box at the end of the hallway right across from the elevator. I have picked up a handful of pearls from that box.

I think it’s more rare that Uranusbot doesn’t drop a Legendary or higher than it is to get at least one. The only true guarantee to get a legendary or above is Hadarax because of the chests. I have yet to beat him on OP10 with Maya yet.

3 Likes

8 of 10 times I get a Legendary. 1 in 10 times I get a pearl. 1 in 5 I get a rainbow, though those are occasionally skins that I already have, useful rainbows are probably 1 in 7.
Two legendaries is pretty frequent (I don’t have a number), multiples of others I have not seen.
–RoA

3 Likes