I’m sorry, but this is starting to annoy me as well. I love Batteborn, but something needs to be done about it’s characters.
I’m tired of going online and playing against the “Healer/Tank” combo with Miko and any tanky character that deals ungodly damage. Galilea, Montana, ISIC, Boldur, and Kelvin. They have too much health and 3/5 of them have shields that can take the damage for them while Miko heals their life back up.
It gets even worse if Reyna or Kleese is there with back-up shield buffs and you’ve got yourself an unkillable juggernaut. It also doesnt help that Miko is too fast to hit with ANY attack. The term “It’s all about having fun.” does not compute here. This ISNT fun AT ALL to play against. There has been times the entire team gangs up and all that happens is the tank runs back for a few seconds, only to return like nothing happened.
Seriously, you’d think they’d fixed this from the beta, but nope. Gearbox/2K you guys/gals need to do something about this. You’re going to quickly and easily lose your fanbase if something isn’t done.
At the very least i have some suggestions as to what needs to be changed.
- The main issue is how fast he can heal health back. I understand a healer’s a healer, but Ambra isn’t anywhere NEAR that good in that department. And i don’t even wanna know what Alani will be capable of. So my suggestion here is that Miko either A. Gets a reduction on his healing factor. Or B. Moves slower while healing so that way he’s much easier to target and hit.
- Another issue is that Miko can keep his beam focused on somebody with full health. That’s the second reason why the tank combo works so well, because Miko NEVER has to stop healing. So obviously, Miko should only be able to heal someone to full health and then it’s forcably cut from continuous healing. Not only that, be should only be capable of healing the same 1 ally for a certain duration. I would say 5 seconds at most before getting severed.
- And lastly, there should be a cooldown period for when Miko can heal someone and for when the same person can be healed. Support stations DO exist. Make people have to rely on it more often. It’s there for a reason.
- This one should be obvious. Galilea is basically the most overpowered character in the entire game. She’s a monster in 1v1 situations and has too many options offensively and defensively. To stop this, i feel that Galilea’s healing ability should be cut out entirely, It’s bad enough Rath is strong as he is, but at least Rath is killable. Galilea’s corruption deals damage AND heals. That’s a bit insane. At the very least, while Galilea is at max corruption, only the overtime damage can heal her and not through any other means (Except for gear benefits.)
- One of the biggest issues is her shield toss and the shield overall. Someone trying to run away? “Shield Slash!” Someone about to their Ultimate? “Shield Slash!” It’s stupid that her shield toss stuns and for as long as 2 seconds. If she’s close enough, she can just slash your life away before you even recover and escape. The stun should be reduced to 1s and while the skill is on cooldown, she cant use it to guard afterwards. It’s bad enough it can take 1000 damage and only needs 5-6 seconds to recharge it’s threshold
- And lastly, that melee damage needs to get cut down a bit. She’s way too hard a hitter.
- Personally, i feel that he needs to deal more damage, but his health is insane. He’s basically 3000 at the beginning of the game. ■■■■ calling him a tank, more like a behemoth. Montana should definitely be at least 2500, but deals slightly more minigun damage.
- Addtionally, Lumberjack Dash needs to be fixed. I understand that he’s HUGE, but i’ve seen too many people just bump into the enviroment trying to either escape or hit someone. Reducing his hitboxes should fix that easily.
- I’m gonna go straight to the point and say it. Rath’s ultimate needs to get nerfed. It’s basically a free kill on every normal character. The damage should at least be cut in half to even out it’s destructivness.
- Catalytic Smash is also an annoying issue. Unlike Boldur or Montana they cant immediately attack their airborne victim. Rath recovers faster before the victim(s) reach their knock-up height and come back down. Rath needs more recovery frames on this skill. That’s it.
- I haven’t seen him since the beta, but it should be said that this dude is a threat beyond belief. His scraptraps stun for 2 seconds and his hook can chain into it and guarantee - if not, an almost free kill. His scraptrap shouldnt detonate on victims pulled by the hook for a few seconds and reduce that stun to 1.5 at least on those traps.
- I’m sorry, but lets face it, Phoebe is as frail as wet toliet paper and she’s the only sword character without a spin in her attack barrage despite that fact that she has 5 swords! Rath and Galilea have sword spins, why can’t Phoebe? I know her weapon is a Rapier, which is mean’t for thrusting, but it’s hit boxes are a little disjointed and all of Phoebe’s skills deal virtually NO damage. If she’s gonna have 5 swords, make better use out of them then just 1 Skill that has no reach, accuracy, or damage.
- This dude is crazy good if used properly, but the main issues here are his Rotating Wards and Omega Strike ultimate. Both need to be toned down severely. The Reflect Fire ability on Rotating Wards is too good and stops any ranged character from damaging him. Even certain skills are reflected like Oscar Mike grenade and possibly even Whiskey Foxtrot’s ultimate: Overdrive. It’s actually possible to hit above ISIC and avoid the wards, but only terrain advantage and characters like Benedict and Caldrius can do that with ease. Rotating wards needs to be able to actually start breaking while its in effect and can only reflect normal attacks and not skills.
- Second and foremost Omega Strike is UNGODLY power. Especially in Incursion at destroying Sentries. Hell, ISIC can literally destroy a sentry by himself if left alone to do so. What needs to be done is that his Ultimate has a 30s time limit before forably deactivating. That’s all his ultimate needs.
Also, the last issue i have is the ability to build turrets on the enemies base after their first sentry is destroyed. NO. Get that out of the game ASAP. You shouldnt be able to do that period. Its extremely unfair and makes trying to fight back harder. All that happens is that everyone camps inside the small room with the support station and uses it to heal with they just pick at the sentry bot from above without fear. It’s unfair and unacceptable. Something needs to be done about this especially.