Urgent deande warning

DO NOT OVERFLOW THE DEANDES. ITS A FUN GLITCH BUT UNFAIE TO OTHERS.TODAY IT KILLED A SENTINEL RUN THAT I WAS CLOSE TO FINISHING. IT’S AWESOME BUT RISKY. IDK IF THAT WAS DEFINITELY WHY BUT IT DISCONNECTED SOON AFTER I HIT LEVEL TEN AND STARTED HAVING FUN. ONLY DO THIS IF IT’S YOUR AND YOUR BUDDIES RUN OR A PRIVATE RUN. DON’T RUIN OTHER PEOPLE’S FUN. IF YOURE STILL GOING TO DO IT, I HEAR THE RECCOMENDED AMOUNT OF HOLOTWINS IS 7.
THANK YOOOOOOOO
Also fun glitch (nvm). As the aforementioned goddess of death I pushed the Heliophagic Foreman Grall off a ledge with Burst Dash twice in quick succession, and then he started shrinking. Soon he was smaller than a Thrall Grunt. It was hilarious but scary because soon he may have disappeared. Luckily we killed him quickly enough.
Solved: just a mechanic of the boss.
Credit: Wisecarver and others

I have no idea what you wrote in the FIRST PART OF YOUR POST. What does “overflowing the Deandes” mean?

Sounds like another one of those five Deandes’ ten clones deal. Fifteen girls pile-up.

1 Like

Ah yes, the "Oscar Deande"™ glitch. I still don’t understand how you can end up having more than one Deande clone but it has happened.

Those who are Master of Deande know to always stop at 7. Don’t stretch it to 10.
That mini Foreman thrall happens a lot, I think they designed it that way and we just don’t notice at times.

If you choose Doppelgangup at 10 then use your ult and immediately use Holotwin you produce a clone that can burst dash and will eventually die but can respawn and fight infinitely.

Edited. Thank you, that’s great to know.

I’m was a bit curious about that last “phase” the Foreman goes through. I once tried leaving him to shrink on his own and see what would happen.

Yeah, I thought that was par for the course, not a glitch. When his life bar gets real low, he starts shrinking and condensing into one of those purple Varelsi motes he summons, then you kill him.

I figured it represented Grall sort of “giving in” to the Varelsi tech and influence he was using. His summoning and some of the Legendaries he’s quoted on sort of suggest to me that’s his persona – he’s willingly integrated Varelsi components to achieve greater power.

Yeah, I wish they did more to explain Grall in game… what is happening to him and why. He just kinda… shows up, does his thing, and dies. There was definately room for more story in Sabotuor to explain that.

Wow, I never knew… any of this. This is world building I missed even though I’ve been farming Saboteur foreeeeeeever.

It’s mostly what I’ve implied, I suppose.

Grall is all white in coloration, unlike the other Thralls. Could be genetic albinism, could be a mark of his partnership with the Varelsi.

He summons spectral phantom Varelsi, Skulks, Scavens and Menageries rather than other Thralls as his adds, so that definitely suggests some kind of complicity.

He gets the Orange Immunity shield that Varelsi get, like the Conservator and Bagranth. Other Thrall bosses don’t get this, or the source is obviously other Thrall, like Jailer Hylis.

His quote on the Synthaline Tonic Legendary he drops is: “Yes, it also makes you more aggressive. Problem?” Seems like he’s on about power, and doesn’t care about side effects. That’s Jennerit tech, it looks like, but if it’s NEW Jennerit tech developed under Rendain, could definitely have Varelsi influence.

I’ve just sort of cobbled all of this together into Foreman Grall being a Thrall who decided to make a deal with the Varelsi for more power. He’s guarding the power reactor in one of the latter stages of the game, which I suppose could show he’s one of Rendain’s more trusted lieutenants, possibly because he shares Rendain’s views on joining the Varelsi.

Again, just my take. If a dev/designer could chime in and reply, that’d be pretty cool.

I just about never use Deande in public matches but I’ve had way over 10 clones in one game (mostly because of multiple deandes doing the glitch) on multiple different missions and I’ve yet to have the game crash on me. I’ve encounter some frame rate issues but nothing game breaking… for now.

Mine just straight up disconnected as someone was laughing as our entire team just sat and watched my storm take down Bonecrushers.

[quote=“CharacterIV, post:12, topic:1540943, full:true”]Again, just my take. If a dev/designer could chime in and reply, that’d be pretty cool.
[/quote]

It would definitely be awesome to get a bit more character development on the bosses in Saboteur like you get in every other mission. Even Bagranth, who just kind of appears, has more character development because he’s basically the “newest and most badass Varelsi”. The Conservators are basically the big badass Varelsi that come out when their portals are about (Experiment and Void’s Edge).

I get the feeling that Saboteur feels light on the story (it’s really just Nova being humorous and throwing out a few memorable lines that don’t really reveal anything) for much the same reason that many people consider it to be the most poorly designed mission: it was rushed to release.

Since I doubt we’d get it in the mission, I think it’d be pretty cool to get some kind of “story review” segment in each Battleplan where some devs talks about the story of X mission or other fluff type things. Think that could happen @JoeKGBX?

1 Like

How long has this glitch been going on? An army of Deande’s would be a sight to behold…and slightly arousing.

Ummm, the whole time actually. Also

1 Like