UVHM and legendaries

Has anyone tried to beat UVHM without the use of legendaries, pearls or BAR?

I’ve seen some guys do amazing things using allegiance only builds , all the way from NVHM. Amazing. I wondered if anyone has done the full run without a single orange, pearl in their inventory,

4 Likes

I can’t say I have, but it is certainly an interesting idea… but it would be fairly easy unless you also said no uniques. Then, it would be more challenging :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you imagine no purples or blues allowed? Ha, i’m in the average bucket, tried to do it without a legendary or pearl, got stuck in Opportunity and had to cheat. I think i was about 57 or so, Got my rear handed to me by LLM anf the ultimate badass loaders.

1 Like

Hey, i’m with you there. Average may even be pushing it in my case :smiley: but it would certainly be a fun idea :thumbsup:

2 Likes

My first UVHM runs were pretty thin on legendaries, mostly COMs if I recall, but there were some uniques.

Actually…thinking on it my current Maya (running community patch so not completely ‘pure’ run) is at 53 with almost no red text, and what I have is just about toast.

Might give this a try

2 Likes

BL2 is such a great game to play, regardless of skill levels (OP’s aside}. I have played it since day 1, have at least two mules per level from about level 5 to 70,. plus a ton of interesting shields and grenade mules. This makes it possible for an average player to play differently with every single character, mixing DLC’s and optional missions without getting bored…at different levels. Has made BL2 just fantastic to play.

2 Likes

In fact i just did a UVHM run with Sal and Gaige using no other shield than a Bee but no Sandhawk or Pimp or Pearl. That was fun, had to completely change tactics .

3 Likes

Not to blow my own trumpet but i did an all white sniper Zero a while back and made it to the 2nd level of the peak so it is possible. By that time enemy health re-gen was out doing damage and i just had to give up as i kept running out of ammo.

I used a set of Rackell’s and Sniders in all elements, white turtle shield, survivor com, slag transfusion and a Tesla if low on ammo for shields, relic was generally sniper damage and ammo capacity.

I have many many days on this VH as i had to play far more carefully than normal, but with only about 170hp it was survivable but i didn’t put out a lot of damage in late UVHM. Choosing which enemy was to take priority was the main stay so you had second winds available, but dying was a regular thing i wont lie about that.

It was very challenging, frustrating and there were many many times i wondered why i was even bothering with it, but as a stubborn a**hole i wasn’t willing to just give up and wanted just to get to 72 and beat it, having started in NVHM.

Almost every shot had to be late out of Deception to max the damage and conserve ammo, even to the point of making sure you didn’t pick up ammo before you got low enough to make sure you kept it replenished.

It was fun but rewarding, but never again, not with sniper Zero anyway … although Maya and Cloud Kill would stand a very good chance and i’ll admit i am very tempted, but i am doing a white and green only playthrough at the moment with her so that will be easier that’s for sure.

And no i didn’t use BAR as i just did a post asking that and still don’t, … probably silly but i’m set in my ways.

I have seen guys like MoLmF do all white runs i think, and i would think someone with a skillset of his calibre would be able to do it and a lot better than i managed that’s for sure. So in saying that yes it can be done and i’d be very surprised if i was the only one that’s for sure.

I also have a nurse build for Maya, but with a set of Pimp’s and a Twister using a green turtle shield and nurse com she could swap the Quasar for any singularity grenade, blue or purple com and relic and do this rather easily i would think, but that would be a little unfair given the standard of those weapons.

Hope that helps.

6 Likes

:smiley: Ok I know the picture has no trumpet but I couldn’t resist!

5 Likes

Sure! I do it every now and then on Maya, but it’s kinda tedious, so after every such playthrough I say to myself… “Never again!”. And then I go do it again after a while.

I did Pyro Pete once on OP 8 using only white gear. It took FOREVEEEER. Never doing that again! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve seen “found gear only” and “white gear only” runs. Not sure if that was with or without BAR though.

1 Like

Some of the best weapons in the game are uniques and purples. This wouldn’t be a challenge for some. Krieg could Bloodsplode his way through just with his buzzaxe.

6 Likes

Wait… BAR? No, I always have it activated. I earned it! :triumph:

1 Like

No. I’ve done it with only legendary COM though, with my Moxxxi-gear Maya. Main campaign start-to-finish. Sounds like a fun challenge!

3 Likes

I think my first UVHM run as Gaige was done without using any legendary loot. I just pretty much rushed through it, since i wanted to get that character to OP8 as fast as possible. I just died a lot, read a lot of guides and died even more. Didn’t farm until OP4 for Fibber.

I did use BAR though, never turning it off personally.

3 Likes

I haven’t personally made it to uvhm only because of legendary hunting

1 Like

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

1 Like