UVHM Noob DLC Level Question

If I enter a DLC at level 53, will it scale with me if I return at level 73? I saw an earlier question on these forums and someone mentioned resetting - not sure what that means.

1 Like

Yes, it will scale with you as long as you are in UVHM. However, if you accept a mission, the mission reward(if there is one) is locked at the level that you accepted it.

3 Likes

Thanks Zero, I’m looking to farm a Bee and don’t want to ruin the chance at another one later. Cheers!

2 Likes

The bee farm, as long as you are in UVHM, is fine to farm. It will continue to level with you. Actually both the Hellquist, and the Treeants will scale with you. I farmed new bee’s every 3rd OP level or so.

4 Likes

Sweet! Looking forward to trying it out with the Bitch.

3 Likes

It’s really only quest rewards you have to consider. Barring the Sandhawk (which you have to accept to advance the story) all quest rewards are optional side-quests.

All the legendaries are dedicated drops from farmable bosses/enemies - so can be obtained at any subsequent level.

Remember the +1/-2 rule : the drop can be anywhere from 2 levels under to 1 level over - at least until level cap - at which time they’re guaranteed to always drop 2 levels under, especially if it’s a pearl :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Ok, great. Thanks for the info. I’m looking forward to playing the DLC’s, I didn’t want to play them until after I beat the game in UVHM, but I now realize I will have to do some legendary farming because UVHM is HARD :wink:

5 Likes

If you haven’t already you should run through the mercenary day dlc. The train chests scale with you, so you’ll have a constant source of on level loot as you level up through UVHM.

6 Likes

Thanks, just did a Mercenary Day run - and will definitely be back there. Really liked the music, too.

1 Like

Ok, I grabbed a Bee, and love it. I’m switching between Infinity and DPUH and it’s working beautifully.

Next question. To get to the forest I had to initiate the Denial quest, and complete 1/3 of Find the Queen. That quest is now locked in at level 59. My goal is to come back and run through this, and all other DLCs after I complete the game in UVHM. Do I complete this portion of the quest since I’m level 60 now, or will that trigger the next step of the quest and lock that in at lvl 60?

1 Like

Yes, it will lock the next step at that lower level, but that doesn’t really matter except in terms of XP return on completing the quest. Generally it doesn’t matter what level a story mission is accepted at, with the exception of Whoops, which has the Sandhawk as a reward and you may want that at max level. If you’re talking about TTAODK, and you plan to come back later to finish it, you don’t need to worry. You probably want to avoid accepting the Sword and the Stoner before max level, because SWORDSPLOSION!!!, and maybe Critical Fail, but the general rule is to save unique quest reward missions for max level.

Speaking about TTAODK, I usually do that entire storyline before max level, usually before completing the UVHM story, because there is lots of good xp in the DLC and it shortens the grind to max level a little. It’s a bit of a ball buster though, so you may want to hit max level and farm your ideal kit before tackling it.

4 Likes

Thank you for the excellent information. Yes, my primary concern was locking in a unique piece of loot at this level. I was planning on running TTAODK last of all because I have read that many people consider it the best DLC, but f*ck it, I’ll run that first, and save Save Sanctuary for last. Might as well head there now, I’m at a sweet spot with my build and gear - plus I want to start farming the D&D spell grenades.

3 Likes

This is kind of why I did it the first time myself. I actually did it in normal with my first Gaige, and now farm level 35 magic missiles for all of my new toons to use (because a level 35 is just as good for slag as a level 80) with her.

4 Likes

With the arrival of FFS and Uranus, there’s an addendum to this rule: when farming Uranus, if he drops 1 pearl and four legendaries in one kill, they’ll be obnoxiously one level under. If he drops on-level loot upon a kill, it’ll be a lone slag Pitchfork with bad parts, if he drops a legendary at all. :wink:

4 Likes

plus it will not accidentally kill you. :wink:

4 Likes

LOL!

Especially if it’s the Bekah :rage:

I vote to include the Gearbox employee who’s conceptualized the idea as a raid boss in BL3 so we can get our REVENGE. Also, it would take increased damage from underleveled gear.

4 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes