UVHM Reset Bug?

I seem to be having issues performing the UVHM reset in local co-op. When gameplay begins after the reset, only the character in slot 1 gains mission XP. The game thinks the second slot character has already completed the mission. This scenario happens no matter which person is the host or which character is in slot 2.

To add some background, my partner and I have completed all playthroughs entirely in local co-op with my profile always being the host. We’ve tried every combination of player 1/player 2 and slot 1/slot 2 with each player in slot 1 performing the UVHM reset. No matter who is in slot 2 of the character pool, that character won’t get mission XP. We’ve verified that the reset appears to happen correctly because both characters do not have any missions completed in the task log screen. Both players have Welcome to Helios as their first and only mission available.

I apologize if this has been mentioned before now.

What happens if you each login and perform a UVHM reset in your solo games, then save and quit, before trying to start the game in local co-op?

Doing the save and quit with brand new solo playthroughs fixed the problem. I don’t know if this is how playthrough resets were intended, but this kind of behavior and expected actions have never been required previously for our co-oping endeavors.

Thanks for the suggestion

You’re welcome! Glad you got it sorted. It seems to be a side-effect of having players authenticate with SHiFT at the start of the game. I don’t know if it’s still the same, because I haven’t done TPS local co-op for a while, but when the game first came out only one player could be signed into SHiFT, which meant that the other player couldn’t access their keys etc. in the kiosk.