Varelsi origins

Can someone if possible explain where the varelsi are from as i was thinking that they could possibly be from the borderlands universe using the portals to travel from the dark ends of the universe/void to the battleborn universe i could be wrong so feel free to correct me

All we really know is that they are from another dimension. Phoebe and the Heart of Ekkunar delves a bit further into how they cross dimensions, but I won’t spoil that for you if you haven’t played that yet.

Jythri said at one point that there is no direct connection to the Borderlands universe (though we don’t know how many different universes the Varelsi have consumed/attacked so far).

4 Likes

I remember that. Basically, Solus lore != Pandora lore.

1 Like

I think we’re gonna find out in BL3, because that Rendain thing in the Phoebe dlc doesn’t mean a thing…Unless

They come from hell…

Loads rocket launcher.

And I’m here to send 'em right back.

Puts on sunglasses and walks right into the door frame because of Nova’s stupid interior mood lighting.

NOVA:
And what have we learned today?

8 Likes

Whow, whoa, whoa… Did you miss the part where Jythri outright stated in the “Letter from Randy Varnell” thread, that he “definitely thinks we’ll be visiting Solus again in the future” (or somesuch)? It means plenty, and i don’t think Borderlands will have anything to do Battleborn other than a lore Easter egg, or something along those lines.

4 Likes

Oooo… I forsee much pontificating over every small and apparently insignificant detail in BL3, looking for signs of reversed morse code and the like!

6 Likes

Well, that’s kinda what i meant by “Easter egg”; though seeing something like one of the Battleborn as an NPC, or throwing in some legendary gun name references (like Benedict’s lore legendary essentially being one of Axton’s multi-kill lines) would be cool as f*ck.

3 Likes

…He just about admitted it is BL3.

2 Likes

Huh… I must have missed that. Can i get an elaboration, please?

1 Like

bl3 first . battleborn 2 someday if you wanna be optimistic.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was the message that i orginally paraphrased, and i know that Borderlands 3 would come next. If i interpreted what he was saying correctly, @wisecarver was implying that “revisiting Solus” meant something in BL3; I dont think that will be the case, and that, even if Battleborn 2 never happens, there will be some other spin-off based on Solus and the Battleborn universe.

1 Like

What about a Telltale games tales from solus?

3 Likes

I was thinking that it would probably be this^, yeah; though i would personally prefer a different medium.

2 Likes