Versus Mode PSA: Command Rank is meaningless

I’m getting tired of the negative views on the MM that stem from Command Rank matchups. I’m not saying MM is fine at the moment but CR is not the issue.

Command Rank is nothing more than a measurement of how much time you’ve put into BB. It’s levels give you nothing but access to other BB’s(which can be unlocked by a secondary requirement) and chances at some gear which is plentiful from just playing a handful of missions and mostly nothing to write home about. In fact many people in versus use whites/greens/blues over purples/legends anyway.

CR gives no edge in the game other than possibly saying they have more experience with the game itself, but could still be quite awful because they’re CR 100 but using Rath for the first time and he’s level 1.

So as a community I think we need to help diffuse this sense of CR meaning ANYTHING AT ALL in regards to how “good” players are or how it affects the matchup on teams.

2 Likes

Through repeated scientific experiments involving me roflstomping teams of 100’s, the data seems to conclude that Command Rank does, in fact, mean absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Means nothing to excellent players that know how to play!

1 Like

I agree. There could be people, like me, who mainly solo which is how I am leveling. Im 36. But I rarely, if ever, play pvp. So if/when I do, the chances of me getting wrecked by someone who is under rank 10 is high, especially if they have experience in online vs modes. Its about player skill more than anything.

1 Like

Myself and others have stated, the best thing that can be done is not show CR to other players. Just name and title when queing up.

2 Likes