Vertical Split Screen Status?

I created an account to post just to ask where the vertical split screen option for couch co op is ?? It is unplayable on horizontal … please change. Please tell me it’s in progress for a fix ?

Sad day.

14 Likes

I know it sounds so stupid to be upset over a video game, but I have been extremely depressed lately and life has been the hardest its ever been. I have been waiting for BL3 to come out. It is something me and my girlfriend bonded over when she first moved in. The Borderlands franchise, in general, is something that always brings us together. Things haven’t been easy at home with my depression and her currently going through medical issues. So we were very much looking forward to having BL3 to once again bond over. So we invested the $100 into BL3 months ahead of its release because we loved 1, 2 and the PS. But for them to do us dirty like this makes us feel completely used. I feel like this is Battlefront 2 all over again and the big wigs don’t care… It almost makes me want to come to tears. Also, the anxiety of these random articles saying no intention of vertical split-screen is heartbreaking. There is a small part of me holding out for an official statement but if it goes like this “No intentions of vertical split-screen” then I am going to have to ask for a refund. $100 isn’t worth what I got. I wanted to be able to play couch co-op with my girlfriend and I can’t even do that anymore. The Borderlands franchise was a huge selling point on the fact we could play together. Now I guess it’s just early BL installments and can try Rocket League I guess??

15 Likes

I could not agree with you more! With modern televisions, widescreen, dividing it down the middle is the only reasonable thing. Nobody can play well peering through a thing letterslot. This decision to make thin top and bottom splitscreen instead of side-by-side is laughably foolish. I cannot imagine the person who would think that narrow slits to view a game is a good idea!

6 Likes

We really need some kind of assureance that they are fixing this.

5 Likes

Yes!!! But I’ve reached out on Twitter, FB, here and gearbox forums… what else should we do ?

3 Likes

One thing we need to do is keep this issue seen. Keep it at the top of the forums, so that it is not forgotten or overlooked. Any post about the vital need for vertical splitscreen accomplishes this!

7 Likes

Up ! We won’t give up !

5 Likes

GBX needs to add vertical split back to the game. BL has always been marketed for local co-op and this was a major feature to drop.

7 Likes

Gearbox doesn’t give a ■■■■. They got our money. That is all that matters to them, clearly, otherwise they wouldn’t have released this game so broken.

4 Likes

It makes me very sad. My bank’s erased … multiple times before I realized most people are having the problem …and besides the lag , the horizontal screen for coop is killing me . Why wouldnt they include that ?? I can’t remember the last time I bought pre-release game but this is really making me regret …

3 Likes

Still waiting on any positive news about vertical splitscreen.

7 Likes

I’ve submitted a ticket … … https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Awaiting the response :frowning:

3 Likes

If everyone here submitted a ticket, it would make a huge impact.

5 Likes

I too am anxiously waiting for SOME kind of update on this. My fiance and I have always played split screen and not only is the lack of an alternative split screen mode frustrating, but the current split screen is buggy, text is unreadable, and I get this awful fish eye effect that is disorienting and renders the game unplayable with split screen. Even if they only keep one split screen mode available, at least make it playable! I submitted a ticket a while back with 2k and this is the response I recieved:Screenshot_20190916-125657_Gmail

3 Likes

I was sent there too …come onnnn

2 Likes

Borderlands has been the only game my wife and I play together since BL1. We always use the vertical split screen option so that we can actually SEE what we are doing in the game! We need the option for BL3! The game is fun, but we get extremely frustrated when we are not able to really see what is going on in the game. PLEASE, for the love of Hyperion, Claptrap, and all that is Borderlands, GIVE US THIS AS AN OPTION!!!

4 Likes

The shame of failing to provide vertical splitscreen will dog Gearbox for some time. The sooner they fix this, the better for their business. And us.

4 Likes

Samething for me.
Horizontal screen is messed up. We need vertical split screen.

4 Likes

Yep. We need vertical split screen since horizontal is nearly impossible to work with. Looking through a mail slot is the phrase I’ve seen elsewhere and that’s about right.

While they’re on it (or not as seems to be the case), the screen lag while second player is in the menus is horrible. I was pitched over a cliff the other day when my son went into a menu . . . .

And the teeny tiny text in menus gives eye strain and headaches after about thirty minutes of playing. My son and I have played since BL1 and enjoyed the games (though not so much the PS4 revised version of BL1 since it has the same problems with teeny tiny text), but this game isn’t fun with these problems.

4 Likes

Made various split screen UI fixes - Anyone want to report in on these when they get a chance?

3 Likes