Very wierd Torgue numbers

After visting this forum I learned the accepted equation for torgue stickies was ((% increase * num shots landed) + 1) * dmg per shot

However, I have a green torgue ar. I shoot an enemy in a non crit spot in impact mode and do 70 damage. I then stick 4 stickies on the same exact target, then detonate them. No powers or buffs active at any point for any of the shots. Each sticky does 58 damage! What gives? How could stickies do less per shot damage at any number of shots stuck?

Something seems off here. It slmost seems the only benefit to stickys are increased rate of fire at this point.

I’m inclined to wonder if you have a damage bonus from skills/items/Guardian Ranks that applies to the direct shots but not the stickies…

3 Likes

Regular shots gain bonuses from splash damage.

1 Like

shouldnt the detonations receive the same damage bonus as they are splash damage as well?

No skills or ranks applied, character is level 27 Zane with no skill points applied and with a shield that offers no bonuses. Run the test for yourself and you will see it’s possible to do less damage with stickies than with regular rounds.

Awwwwe darn it…
I thought this was going to be some sort of vast illuminati conspiracy theories by the title of the post…
I got my tinfoil hat out for nothing…
No ILLUMINATI CONFIRMATION…