Veteran PvP logic

I remember when the random gods handed me Ghalt against a team of some new players, and two good players. Against my team which ended with a bunch of good players.
I felt so dirty, and I purposely took poor helix choices, too. I ended up just not using hook unless it was on the two good players cause I felt that disgusted by hook and trap against the newer players.

1 Like

I tend to focus the objectives (minions, shards, building, Thralls, etc) and generally just fire at players to push them back if they’re trying to kill our minions or my teammates or whatever. I generally leave the other players alone unless they come after me in which case I am going to defend myself. I only ever really go after players if they get too aggressive or if they’ve been harassing me all match and generally been jerks towards me in which case their hall pass gets revoked.

2 Likes

At the end of the day people just want to pad stats.

I’ve been in groups with very low level players where I can see we are getting absolutely destroyed and somehow our scores are still tied. I try and get a surrender. When the other team is filled with guys who made 10+ kills and I’m the only one on my team with any, we are done.

I bet they refused surrender too. I detest those matches where one is doing all the kills while the rest are feeding but yet they refuse to surrender. They should learn at least to admit a clear lost and move on.

2 Likes

Kill chasers just want Worthy of Song so they can feel like a badass.
I prefer Nope Nope Nope, 100 Sentry kills, haha

1 Like

Unless the match is super extra brutal or frustrating I will never accept surrender because I am always leveling up characters and can always use the non-surrender-reduced experience, win or lose.

If my team REALLY wants to surrender, I am just one vote out of 5, after all.

@myrickma I was SO PROUD when I finally got that title!

2 Likes

Yesterday i got in a match with ppl lvl 5- i played toby… My only lvl11 battleborn.

They chosed, alani, caldarius, marquis, orendi and thorn. First orendi dices in trying to kill me and she got swarmed.

I tried to pm him/her telling what to do with orendi, when i came back to the game… Orendi killed me.

After that i spent all the match in the same spot w8 for thorn or marquid to shoot me down but nope… Everytime i killed anyone i taunted, im so so sorry dude taunt.

1 Like

With a 5 man team, party, we were put up against 4 people under level 10 and one of level 40-ish.

We decided together to try and win the game without killing ANYONE. Our Alani had 1 accidental kill, other than that our team had 0 kills. We won, and it was an amazing match. The low level guys were able to kill us, and they did pretty good at getting the minions through. But well, a 5 man party against that low level peeps is pretty impossible to win.

2 Likes