Viability in competitive Incursion

(Moostacho) #41

Hahhahhaha, if you are discreet about having chosen that helix, you can dodge things like Boldur dash, paradigm shift…even green ball with some luck. :sunglasses:

2 Likes
(Vagrantsun) #42

On Paradise, you can use it to get on top of the central ruins. On Coldsnap, it gets up to the thumper ledge and over the stinger wall at mid. On Outback, it lets you use the backdoors to the two side points.

As with all vertical mobility, it’s about how much you’re willing to use it; for Toby specifically, he doesn’t need it as much since he wants to be in lane and nowhere else, but on MD maps it can be useful, and on Paradise specifically if the enemy has no or few guns you basically win as soon as you take to the roofs.

It’s also worth noting that no one ever expects Toby to dodge straight up. I’ve slipped Montana dashes, Ghalt hooks, Paradigms, escaped Wrath of the Wild AoEs, and dodged Hawkeyes with it.

3 Likes
(Penguin connoisseur.) #43

I suppose that’s a good point. I’ll have to try that sometime.

Indeed! I was shocked when a Toby player dodged my Boldur dash straight up. It looked very unique and cool. It made me admire that player lol.

(ClkwrkCuttlfish) #45

That vid is funny. Is that what a clutch play looks like? He wastes his smoke while inside a sunspot then reveals himself after reaching safety all while running from a single player who is one of the few as squishy as he is. I would be more impressed if they punished that player for chasing them that far or went on the offensive.

Don’t pick Pendles against Ambra and orendi lol.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #46

I personally agree with most of what the others said about Cobra Strike. And for in not being a CC helix, I had rated it one of the top 4 level 1 helix choices before the Vortex and Sedation nerfs. Now it’s in the top 3, maybe even 2.

But in the end you should value it about as mush as you’d value Claw Lunge on Mellka, as it is literally the same thing with the same mechanics, just with a bit less range. If you didn’t like the example Cow gave, then here is a short video just showing you can get on top of the walls in Overgrowth. Which means you can get to other similar places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNbbqDR65BM

1 Like
(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #47

sigh#2

He didn’t get revealed by the sunspot, that had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was Orendi that revealed him.

You mean Orendi reveals him with shadowfire pillar?

Correction, Miko and Orendi, two characters. One has a slow, the other has awesome damage.

I’m confused by your wording. Pendles is behind his team, it’s Orendi and Miko that are out of position and chasing too far. Is that what you’re saying? Or are you saying you’d be impressed with them punishing Pendles for chasing, because that’s not at all what happened.

I doubt this guy would have picked Pendles if he knew someone on the other team was going to pick Ambra and Orendi. Granted, he should have waited till the last seconds of character pick, but that’s besides the point. The point, which you are currently dancing around, is that Cobra Dash can be used as a handy escape alongside other things.

(ClkwrkCuttlfish) #48

Okay but he is melee so, like in the video, the only thing you can do once you are up there is throw stars and jump down again. Seems like a waste of time and a skill to me. There are probably more useful things you could be doing.

(ClkwrkCuttlfish) #49

This doesn’t change the fact that using smoke inside of a sunspot is a really stupid idea.

No I mean he had made it to his base and went invisible then dashed into the air for no reason. Breaking stealth in the process.

Yes this. I didn’t see the miko.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #50

I meant using it along the lines of escaping if you get pinned in the corner. That was a bot match against one bot, I just recorded it to make a similar point in a Deande thread months ago. Plus since there is no mana mechanic in this game, there is no “wasted” skill in this sense, and it only has a 13 second cooldown anyway.

You just have to think of the possibilities with that kind of height.

3 Likes

That video brings up good memories of my Pendles gameplay.

These are just a few example of the so many possibilities that open up with Cobra strike. Simply put, if you are not playing Pendles with this helix, you’re missing out on mastering his full potential.

(Braveheart to the Graveyard) #52

When everybody is level one so no sunspot reveal is in effect yet, yeah I think it’s okay, and the Pendles probably did too. So it’s not “really stupid” given the circumstances.

That’s a pretty weak point. Check the vid again, he had already turned around and jumped before he got cloaked, he probably didn’t expect it to activate as it seemed like Orendi and Co were on his tale. Auto-cloaking just a split second before performing the maneuver is something he didn’t think would happen, and neither would I. Anyways, even if he did manage to predict the future for a second and NOT use the cobra dash, while he would have been “invisible”, he also would have jumped right into Orendi and Co’s face.

I wouldn’t call that impressive, that’s more of Pendles’ team not paying any attention whatsoever. Whereas the risk and heat-of-the-moment action of the Dash juke was, to me, impressive.

(The Title Master) #53

I don’t like Cobra Strike because I find it harder to hit Injection with. The other first helix is pretty bad though, I’d like to see it changed!

2 Likes

That’s because you’re a scrub

(The Title Master) #55

Alright I’m reporting you, bully.

4 Likes
(Moostacho) #56

But… But… But the wave clear potential with blind at level 2 and 38% more damage with faster cooldowns as you take damage is just as good :cry:

1 Like
(The Title Master) #57

Yeah it is good, just feel like I’m forced to pick it though just because I don’t like the dash!

2 Likes