Video stutter in video only

Immediately after installing DLC4 I’ve been experiencing a pauses or a stutter in the video during gameplay. The audio continues playing as normal during the brief pauses. The pauses last about a quarter of a second but it happens every ~5 seconds. I’ve restarted my XBOX a few times with no improvement. Any recommendations on fixing this?

Did you do a full power reset or just a plain restart? The former is better than the latter if you’re experiencing issues.

1 Like

I did two restarts. The first was the reset option within the XBOX. After that I logged out of the game and turned the console off for about a minute and then back on.

Clear cache:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache.
  3. Plug in the power brick.
  4. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange .
  5. Turn the Xbox back on as you would normally.

The ‘restart’ option in the power menu doesn’t clear the cache. You could also try going in to the BL3 storage options, look for the reserved storage partition (NOT the save game ones!) and delete that then do the power restart.

1 Like

That seemed to have cleared up the video stutter. Thank you for the help!

1 Like