Visual shield parts guide

(Not a real Dr. but I got style...) #41

The new version you posted is def different from the Steam Part spotter. They seem to have Recharge Delay and Recharge Rate inverted.

(Santa Söze) #42

I’ll compare them again later when I have time, but the data in the new one is from the blog post which has the most plausible data - it’s also been vetted by 3298. Other than that Hyperion special stat of course.

(Not a real Dr. but I got style...) #43

That’s what I was thinking.

Oh, right. It’s just the headings that don’t match the columns - I paid no attention to them and instead only looked at the data, expecting that the order is capacity, rate, delay, special (like on the in-game item cards). The data is in that order, the headings are not.
Also, the “01” in the special heading feels a little bit weird. Of course I know where it comes from (there’s special effect 02 as well, but it’s generally the same as special effect 01), though with these identical columns merged it could go away.
Side note: a handful of shield parts do have differing boosts for the special effect categories, but they are not in the attached parts group covered by the table - they are shield base, material, and the so-called accessories (the last of these rarely affects the grades at all, according to the wiki blog post this happens only on the Order and Hide of Terramorphous). As an example, the five possible accessories of the Hide (the only shield I know of which has more randomly selected parts than the usual three attached ones) only boost special effects 03 and 04 (which are also unique to the Hide, because it’s maylay, nova, and spike shield in one), while leaving all other stats (including special effects 01 and 02) alone.

(Santa Söze) #45

I agree - I’ve blacked it out. Also, it annoyed me to see one graphic in alphabetical order and another graphic in random order. My pics are sorted alphabetically so I want the graphic to be the same.

I’m definitely not going to get into that level of detail in this guide, which is intended to be for parts spotting and crafting. However I’d very much like to see all this info cobbled together in one massive shield guide. If you’re ever bored…:wink:

Also - fixed the Hyperion “special” (I had a second at work to do a quick copy/paste)

I’m up to 20 edits! What does that tell you? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Is this thing on?) #46

That you’re in good company?

:stuck_out_tongue: