Voracidous Farming help?

I’ve gotten just about everything farmed up for my digi peak to OP3 for the first time, except i hear that there’s a shotgun that is dropped from Voracidous that is God tier for Salvador, but apperently he’s like, the hardest boss in the game, if not he’s up there

I’ll be running through the Hammerlock DLC so I can unlock the voracidous quest, so if you can help me out with farming him for this shotgun that would be greatly appreciated.

PSN: JasonJupiter

1 Like

Its the interfacer. Idk anything about Sal, i don’t use the kiddie gloves easy mode. It can be got from the seraph vendor in NVHM/TVHM, but yes only voricidous drops it in UVHM. And he’s a bitch.

1 Like

Any tips for taking him down? Is there a place he can’t reach and you can just shoot him? Like the “Pride rock” in Terra?

1 Like

Voracidous is the hardest raid boss, as there really isn’t a cheese spot or simple tricks like with the others. For farming, most people use an exploit of some kind, usually the Pimpernel/Ahab one if they are playing as Salvador. The interfacer is great on Sal, but if you are going for higher OP levels, I’d wait to farm for one till later as you don’t need it in the early Peak runs.

1 Like

When do you think I’m going to need to start getting the interfacer? OP6? 7?

1 Like

And it may seem like a pretty nooby thing to ask, but what is the pimpernel/Ahab? I assume one of these guns has a crazy high damage and the other has a crit modifier?

1 Like

Check this out.

2 Likes

For me, the Peak starts getting ridiculously hard at OP6, but depending on the character, sometimes the earlier OP levels can be annoying too.

The pimpernel / rocket launcher glitch (usually done with an Ahab, but others work) involves holding a strong empty rocket launcher in your right hand and a Pimpernel (often slag, but any will do) in your left. Doing this fools the game into thinking the pimpernel’s six additional orbs are launcher rockets, so you are firing six rockets on every shot of the pimpernel. I forget why the launcher has to be empty, but there’s loads of videos on this. Any time you join a game online for regular play and see a Sal with those weapons selected… just leave :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Salvador can do a lot of at the Peak and I don’t expect you’ll need an Interfacer. As mentioned above Vora is a tough fight so it’s a pain to get hold of. I’d save the battle for endgame so you can keep using the one that drops!

The fight itself… well, I’ve never done it as Salvador, and solo only with Axton. I seem to remember doing it alongside the ‘classic’ raid Sal at OP8 (Grog, Unkempt Harold, Monk mod), and that went pretty well! I highly recommend a Siren to provide revives even then, because that thing is vicious.

2 Likes

I don’t find the Interfacer to be god-mode. It’s a fine gun sure, but you’ll get a lot more mileage out of a Harold ( go Hard or Intense ) and you can get one easily every level.

I wouldn’t bother with Vorac until OP8.

2 Likes

I like it as a gun but it’s not as all purpose as a Harold. I’m no expert on how it fares with Sal though (my Sal is Vladof loyalty). In general it’s not really a spray and pray gun for me - I like playing games of precision with it, getting the proper range for all those projectiles.

2 Likes

I like using it for that reason too ( like the Sawbar ), but even a Hoarder couldn’t keep up with its ammo consumption for Peak usage.

There’s also the element problem our OP may not be aware of.

( that being, if you really insist on getting one, get a corrosive one and make sure it doesn’t have a Jakobs stock )

3 Likes

The interfacer really shines in co-op, as the enemy’s health scales, the interfacer keeps pace whereas other seemingly similar strong guns struggle to keep up. The only issue with the interfacer is ammo consumption, so it’s great for Sal who can deal with that. The Harold is definitely more all purpose, but on 3-4 player difficulty, the interfacer can take down a big target faster than pretty much anything else.

1 Like

Not including the heavy duty, will kill you in one shot if not careful, nuclear options like the carnage or swordsplosion.

1 Like

Well, I made my attempt just a few minutes ago and Lost, made it to the final room with the Assasins though, so I think I need just a little bit more power,

My Weapon layout is
Grog
DPUH
And a shock butcher,

Rough rider
Legendary gunzerker
Multiple Bones
And magic missile

If you have any suggestions on how to improve this, that would also be helpful

2 Likes

You’ve got plenty of firepower there assuming your Harold is on level or close to it… With a full gunzerk (which you can wait for before the assassin’s area), you could use one of the Monk COM’s to get +6 Money shot and then grog/Harold even harder with the roughrider shield, as money shot should proc fairly often. I would consider a different relic as Sal doesn’t need cooldown, perhaps a pistol damage heart of the ancients might help, though I don’t know if it’s better to boost the pistol damage itself or to use an explosive relic to boost the splash of the Harold.

What’s your build? You can either post a screenshot of your skill point screen or use BL2skills.com and paste the URL

1 Like

These are my skills and yes, all of my gear is on level

1 Like

looks ok, I like the skill that lets you double up on grenades, but I don’t play Sal much, dunno if others have much to add on that

1 Like

Personally I think it’s pretty useless unless your rocket jumping or using double Slag nades on terra

1 Like

For the one point , Double Your Fun just makes sense to me : not from a damage standpoint but from a utility standpoint ( more slagging and healing with transfusions, MM’s, Chain Lightning, etc. ). It’s not really mandatory, but it’s well worth a point.

The other one point I recommend is Steady as She Goes. The recoil reduction drastically improves accuracy which improves DPS. It’s generally recommended to leave it out only if you’re running full-time Hyperion.

With the Rough Rider, a huge amount of healing will come from Brawn : Hard to Kill, Sexy T and Ain’t Got Time ( the last one being more effective than Asbestos in general). I run a dual-Jakobs build with no healing source other than from the Brawn skills.

Maybe consider something less Gunlust and more Brawn like this

http://bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#505000551005045010415151005050000

There are 4 points left to go wherever.
The Rampage tree may not be ideal ( I’m a little fuzzy on the ammo-based skills ).

Also, consider having another relic : Sheriff’s Badge, pistol ammo relic, explosive relic. Use the Bone during cooldown.

1 Like